Dinner? With pics!!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Finally got around to giving the new smoker its maiden voyage. Had some chicken breasts in the freezer so decided to use those as i've never smoked anything myself

all 3 injected with creole butter, 2 i used a mesquite southwest chipotle rub on
smoke1.jpg

Sat in fridge for a few hours and wrapped in bacon:laugh:
smoke2.jpg

Next i started the "maniac beans" My moms recipe, cooked up some cut up bacon, onions and right before that all goes into the beans add diced green chiles
smoke3.jpg

heres the operation, along with a shameless shot of the fatty:laugh:
smoke4.jpg

Used a mix of hickory and apple wood chips, at about 1hr when i flipped the chicken i put the beans in as well, chickens done at 165, let it go to 180 as most what i read was 180-185 in the smoker
smoke7.jpg

smoke6.jpg

And the finished product, beans came out ok, not great but definately edible, think next time i will just let em simmer on the stove, seemed a little overdone
Chicken was absolutely melt in your mouth, hands down best chicken i've ever ate. Thinking brisket next weekend!!
smoke8.jpg

smoke9.jpg

yea wow im hungry now too. looks like a heart attack in a bag....:laugh:

dam that looks yummy. how does that cooker work and does it have to be outdoors? not familiar with them. do they sell smaller ones? that chicken looks awesome

yea wow im hungry now too. looks like a heart attack in a bag....:laugh:

dam that looks yummy. how does that cooker work and does it have to be outdoors? not familiar with them. do they sell smaller ones? that chicken looks awesome

Its an electric, i've always been around charcoal smokers but it works pretty good and you dont have to constantly watch it, holds the heat real well and consistent. Had a few issues with keeping the smoke going but its still stock, lot of guys mod em to work better wanted to get a baseline in before i started hacking holes in a 200 dollar smoker:thumbsup:
Pretty sure i saw a small one at sportsman warehouse today, not sure what size but i remember it was 84.99.

Supposed to be outside, but we were calling for high winds and rain this afternoon so i cracked the garage door, wasnt to smokey(all things considering i play with high horse diesels that smoke like hell lol) was actually nice out till a few minutes after i got done and started raining.

I got a charcoal smoker a while back, havent gotten around to even getting it out of the package yet. This post makes me want to! Never had one so we'll see how that goes on the first try lol. Mine's not nearly as fancy as yours is either

I got a charcoal smoker a while back, havent gotten around to even getting it out of the package yet. This post makes me want to! Never had one so we'll see how that goes on the first try lol. Mine's not nearly as fancy as yours is either

Yea i figured for the first time if i screwed up a few chicken breasts i wouldnt feel so bad about tossing em and hitting the wendys down the street. Still debating what i want to smoke next weekend, i have more chicken breasts and 2 turkeys in the freezer. Thinking i may go for brisket, i love me some smoked brisket :laugh:

Back