Smoking

CONGRATS,I SMOKED SINCE 17 AND HAVE BEEN WITHOUT ONE COLD TURKEY FOR 3 YRS NOW.BEST MOVE I EVER MADE.

AWESOME!!!
beerchug.gif

Thats right, 6 months ago to the day I threw my last three packs of smokes in the trash, and I havn't lit another one since! My son and pals like Omslaw and Semi will tell you I was a chain smoker for sure. Cold turkey is a hard way to go, but is was the only way for me.

I remember when I made the decision to quit, there were several others who were going to quit too. Just wondering how everyone was doing on their effort to quit?
Have your taste buds recovered?

Have you gained weight?

Congrats to you, brother...your body thanks you from the bottom of your heart.  

heart.gif
Can't say that my taste buds are any different, but I did gain some weight. Of course I quit over the winter when I usually gain some weight antway. I'm starting to loose some of it though. I took my annual exam in feb. and the dr. said my breathing was back to normal range already!
ThumbsUp.gif

Just saw this thread and it has been over a year since I smoked. Those of you who quit at about the same time, are you hanging in there?

is chantrix prescription only? how much is the cost ?
yes RX only, the 'Starter" pack is about $150 (about the first month) the list of side effects is a bit misleading due to the fact that they must list ALL... most common issue is nausea.. just take the pills after a meal..

You have to work up to dose on these.. 1/4 dose first 3 days/ 1/2 dose the next 3 days and then full dose for however long is needed (12 to 36 weeks is common)

first three days you take 1 white pill
Next 3 days you take 1 white pill twice a day
from there out you take 1 blue pill twice a day

Last edited:
Cold turkey, One and a half years I don't even think about it.
All I ever say is why did I ever even start,Just being around it makes me sick now.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I went cold turkey about 8 years ago and it still haunts me at times...

Wow congrats Hal and all the other "quitters"!!!!

a few more bananas for ya!!

manynanas.gif

Last edited:
Almost a month for me & the missus...We'd quit dozens of times in the past 15 years, so now we're actually getting somewhere with the assistance of modern pharmacology (chantix)

The only side effects I've noticed is the bizarre dreams...most bizarre one to date is I was having an esoteric, meaning of life conversation with Ralph & Stuie (sp?) from The Family Guy...

Last edited:
Congrats, Hal.

I never smoked a whole lot. Just the occasional cigarette when I was around other smokers.

Last month, though, the Dr. insisted. Had to give it up completely so it's been a month officially at this point.

--Wag--

Back