Sales halted.

No way would I ever consider a big Ninja, they are much heavier and they are much harder to work on and have much less accessories to buy for and it takes 3 times the money to fix up compared to a busa. This is the first year of the ABS for the big Gixxer so it will just be a working process. (nock on wood). Also my performance shop won't even put the ZX 14's on his dyno anymore, two of them have shot a piston connector out of the bottom of the engine at 9500 RPM's before the red line. He is lucky to not have an injury from tuning these big flops of a bike. BUSA's RULE!!!! PERIOD !!

No way would I ever consider a big Ninja, they are much heavier and they are much harder to work on and have much less accessories to buy for and it takes 3 times the money to fix up compared to a busa. This is the first year of the ABS for the big Gixxer so it will just be a working process. (nock on wood). Also my performance shop won't even put the ZX 14's on his dyno anymore, two of them have shot a piston connector out of the bottom of the engine at 9500 RPM's before the red line. He is lucky to not have an injury from tuning these big flops of a bike. BUSA's RULE!!!! PERIOD !!

So the Busa's only direct competitor is basically just a giant hunk of crap? Good to know. :rofl:

sounds like the old issue with #3 rod Bearing Oil journal on the zx-11

sounds like the old issue with #3 rod Bearing Oil journal on the zx-11

Apparently there have been a handful of 14R engines with an oil pump cover issue that can cause big trouble. So far this 1441 has been more trouble-free than my last Busa engine. That said, it's no secret that mechanical problems are not the norm for either bike.

Still waiting?

What about the guys who have 2013 bikes already.....did theirs get taken from them or even a letter?

I guess if you took the 0% option....at least you are not getting charged interest.....as long the time starts when delivery is made.

Good Luck in this ...I know you must be jonesing for the bike.

Remember guys ABS is required in Europe starting in 2016 on all bikes so it's only a matter of time before it trickles down to US spec bikes also... :poke:

...and it's not just Hayabusa's that are affected by the stop sale. ANY bike by ANY brand that uses that ABS part is affected. One of those supplier blunders that is affecting most brands... :(

Remember guys ABS is required in Europe starting in 2016 on all bikes so it's only a matter of time before it trickles down to US spec bikes also... :poke:

...and it's not just Hayabusa's that are affected by the stop sale. ANY bike by ANY brand that uses that ABS part is affected. One of those supplier blunders that is affecting most brands... :(
this is true...

Apparently there have been a handful of 14R engines with an oil pump cover issue that can cause big trouble. So far this 1441 has been more trouble-free than my last Busa engine. That said, it's no secret that mechanical problems are not the norm for either bike.

same with my friends 12 zx-14.. hes got 22k no issues.. off topic..i just got the light on...there great...

Still waiting?

Good Luck in this ...I know you must be jonesing for the bike.

The waiting is bad enough, but not having any indication as to when I'll be able to pick up the bike is even worse. Could be a week, could be a month, could be longer. Not knowing really sucks.

In answer to the question about those who already picked up their 2013, mines now parked in my garage while I wait for the dealer to get back to me with a plan. No letter from Suzuki yet. Dealer did confirm my VIN was flagged for recall. At least I didn't crash/burn driving it the last couple weeks.

At least I still have my trusty '07 to ride.

Later,
Gonz

That's so true. :rofl:
We have many times over known more than the dealers.
Heck I think dealers ought to have an 'in case of emergency search the org' sticker mandatory.

In regards to the recall. I am now going thru this with many of our vehicles. There is one single fuel line part that was made by one vendor to Ford which is on many of our vehicles. No rhyme or reason as some are under recall and some aren't. Not even all same model vehicles are recalled only select ones from the group. But as usual with these things it is an unintended unforeseen consequence of new engineering. They do their best but we as humans aren't perfect. Right now approx forty of my units are on 'demo hold' meaning I can show them but can't deliver them. Ford is scratching their head and trying to come up with remedy but when it's a surprise problem there isn't always an immediate fix.

Good things come to those who wait. It will just make your first ride home that much sweeter.

There definately is rhyme and reason. Part traceability. Most parts have barcode, data matrix, or other unique identification. Parts are traceable to the supplier and are linked to the unique product. When there is a problem the units with the suspect parts are easily pulled from the database and acted upon. There may be a particular shift the part was produced, a time window, specific mold, or other identifiable variable. In our factory we don't scan everything but we know what connecting rods went into each engine, what the valve lash was, how the majority of the bolts were torqued, etc. We can even drill down to the temperature of the iron when the block casting was poured, all traceable to the end product and customer.

I spoke to a Suzuki Rep yesterday. He acknowledged the "Halt Sales" but advised that a recall has not been announced. I just don't know who to believe. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone! I'm frustrated and considering my options. So my '13 Busa sits at the dealer waiting just as I am!

"Honda is notifying owners by mail starting on July 30. Dealers are asked to replace the ABS modulator."

Maybe Suzuki plans to get enough ABS modulators from Nissin to repair the bikes that are still in their possession and then will issue an official recall when they have the additional ABS modulators available to repair the 2013s that were already sold and delivered.

ii called my dealer and they said the part is already on order for mine. They recognized it as a recall.

Back