Sales halted.

Almost identical thing happened when they released the Gen 2. There was a wiring harness issue that posed a potential fire hazard as well unsuspected shut off scenario. They halted all deliveries until ti was sorted out.

These things happen and it is better that they halt deliveries until it is sorted out then deliver a bike and someone dies.

So an Org member had your answer before your salesman did. WTG Org.:thumbsup:

Salesperson.....FAIL. :laugh:

That's so true. :rofl:
We have many times over known more than the dealers.
Heck I think dealers ought to have an 'in case of emergency search the org' sticker mandatory.

In regards to the recall. I am now going thru this with many of our vehicles. There is one single fuel line part that was made by one vendor to Ford which is on many of our vehicles. No rhyme or reason as some are under recall and some aren't. Not even all same model vehicles are recalled only select ones from the group. But as usual with these things it is an unintended unforeseen consequence of new engineering. They do their best but we as humans aren't perfect. Right now approx forty of my units are on 'demo hold' meaning I can show them but can't deliver them. Ford is scratching their head and trying to come up with remedy but when it's a surprise problem there isn't always an immediate fix.

Good things come to those who wait. It will just make your first ride home that much sweeter.

And maybe now they'll just scrap ABS or give us the option of turning it off in 2014 models. That way they can say the rider did it if it malfunctions again :laugh:

Thank you. That's the information that I was looking for so that I'd know why my Limited Edition is still at Honda East and not in my garage.

Buying a bike from us and didn't get me a heads up? Who's your sales guy?

You guys with the new bikes better read this recall and decide if you want to ride it or not until it's fixed....me, I'd let it sit because no brakes would SUCK.

i love this part of the recall letter...............

“On certain motorcycles, the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) modulator may have been manufactured incorrectly and could fail. Loss of ABS function would allow the front and/or rear wheel to lock under braking which, in conjunction with traffic and road conditions, and the rider’s reactions, could increase the risk of a crash causing property damage and/or personal injury. the Correction should be...here is your bike and will call you when the part comes in but in the mean LEARN HOT TO STOP LIKE YOU DID BEFORE... have a nice day and thank you for shopping with suzuki...

Here is a thought, guys... For the price of a '13, get a gen 1, like '06 or '07, and add a turbo. Forget about ABS, LOL

Hell i want a 13 just because of the financing offer, 0% for 5 years.

As for the ABS it will be removed as soon as i buy the bike!

Patiently waiting for the completely redesigned Gen-III.

6 years in already on a 15 year old design. Name one bike that's been sold for 15 years straight with few changes.

We should start a pool on when the Gen-III will arrive. 1-2-3-4 years? Got no were to go. Ya hearing this Suzuki? :moon:

the thing is though even if the abs system quits working the brakes still work the, shall we call it old fashioned way anyhow

I was never a fan of ABS on a bike until I rode my buddy's 2012 ZX14R.
I went the next week and got myself a 2013 ZX. This thing stops so fast it's scary. Seriously. But then again, no recall yet......:rofl:

I was never a fan of ABS on a bike until I rode my buddy's 2012 ZX14R.
I went the next week and got myself a 2013 ZX. This thing stops so fast it's scary. Seriously. But then again, no recall yet......:rofl:

Gotta ask.. He has a 2012 ZX-14R that was originally sold in the USA? Did he tell you it had ABS? I only ask because ABS wasn't available in the USA on the 2012 version. Either way, the brakes on the 14R are fantastic.

Patiently waiting for the completely redesigned Gen-III.

6 years in already on a 15 year old design. Name one bike that's been sold for 15 years straight with few changes.

We should start a pool on when the Gen-III will arrive. 1-2-3-4 years? Got no were to go. Ya hearing this Suzuki? :moon:

same here but my guess would be a 2/3 years out.. the 600/750/1000 seem to be getting long in the tooth ...but i would have like to seen a gen 2 1441cc busa for 2013 rather then the abs...i would have bought

Back