Sales halted.

Detailed Recall Information for Suzuki Hayabusa Gsx1300ra

Show Recalls for Model Year:

All

2013-07-22

(Published by NHTSA on 2013-07-27)

Recall Summary:

Suzuki Motor Corporation (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2013 GSX1300RA Hayabusa motorcycles manufactured January 22, 2013, through April 26, 2013. Due to a manufacturing error, the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) may malfunction and lose anti-lock functionality.

Hazard:

The anti-lock function may not perform properly allowing for wheel lock up and skidding, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy:

Suzuki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected ABS units, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in early August 2013. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-255-2550. Suzuki's campaign number for this recall is WN.

Additional Info:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

NHTSA Source:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recall...art=1&SearchType=QuickSearch&rcl_ID=13V312000

Just talked with my sales guy and learned that the ABS Modulators are on backorder :banghead: but he expects to find out tomorrow when the dealership can expect to receive the parts.

Just posted in another thread in New Owner, but I got the call from the dealer today that the part is on order (backorder). At least they've acknowledged the recall and are doing something.

Gonz

The recall has been acknowledged, from Suzuki as of after 5Pm yesterday.
Parts will be ready for shipment asap.

Any guesses as to what "backordered" means.... time wise?

My guy said it could be anywhere from a week to a few months. I'm wondering how long it takes Nissin to make a few thousand ABS Modulators once they fixed their manufacturing process. Especially since the problem was identified months ago.

Ironically I had a black/black 2012 lined up which I could have had for about $400 less. I paid 'extra' for the ABS! Technically I wanted the Brembo brakes and didn't care about ABS which almost makes it worse yet. :cussing:

Gonz

Any guesses as to what "backordered" means.... time wise?

My guy said it could be anywhere from a week to a few months. I'm wondering how long it takes Nissin to make a few thousand ABS Modulators once they fixed their manufacturing process. Especially since the problem was identified months ago.

I doubt Suzuki is actually on a back-order with the parts. They are probably on a parts delay because they are still waiting for them to come in and fill the orders, but their dealer system doesn't have a "word" to describe that

I doubt Suzuki is actually on a back-order with the parts. They are probably on a parts delay because they are still waiting for them to come in and fill the orders, but their dealer system doesn't have a "word" to describe that

The recall info is on NHTSA's site.
Attached is the TSB.

Attachments

• Suzuki ABS Modulator Recall TSB - RCRIT-13V312-5490.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 392
so it cant be turned off on the new bike?

Officially, I'm sure there's no on/off switch to deactivate the ABS... But...
If you really wanted to turn it off, the easiest way would be to find the ABS fuse and splice a switch in the feed wire. All ABS systems are designed to revert to 'normal' and non-modulated in the event of a power or controller failure, and will bring up a warning light on the dash that ABS isn't in operation - effectively giving you standard braking.

Hth.

Officially, I'm sure there's no on/off switch to deactivate the ABS... But...
If you really wanted to turn it off, the easiest way would be to find the ABS fuse and splice a switch in the feed wire. All ABS systems are designed to revert to 'normal' and non-modulated in the event of a power or controller failure, and will bring up a warning light on the dash that ABS isn't in operation - effectively giving you standard braking.

Hth.
or greg and justin will updating software soon...:laugh:

Dealer I bought my bike from called me and left a voicemail Thursday about the recall and told me to bring it in whenever. I'm not sure if he meant to bring it in and they'll fix it whenever they get the part, or if they already have it. I'm thinking the former

Back