Said goodbye to my baby

megawatt

Registered
I always heard that riding a busa on the boost is as addictive as crack. I don't know about the crack but riding that boost is some seriously fun stuff. So today I said good bye to my bike.

IMG_0866.jpg

That is Scott Horner of Heads up Performance in SLC Utah. He is a big time turbo tuner and knows hayabusas inside and out. About six months ago I had Scott modify my PCIII for a 3 bar sensor and boost referencing and reflash my ECU for my new RCC stage 1 turbo. I kept in touch with him and decided the initial turbo experience was great and without problems so now I want to build up the engine for more boost for street riding (no LSR stuff).

All the good stuff is going in like Wossener con rods, pistons, back cutting 2,3, & 6 gears so the engine/transmission will be updated to handle 450hp if I wanted to go that route but for now it will be around the 325hp.

Turns out that Scott was traveling between Utah and Mojave (he is going to be the official for the motorcycle side of the mojave mile 1 mile runs on 6 March) so he was able to pick my bike up on his way home to Utah. How convenient is it to have a motor builder pick up your bike at your house?

For those of you near Salt Lake City you have a builder/tuner in your neighborhood now (he moved his shop there about 5 months ago to be near the salt flats).

Updates in about 6 weeks when things are done. I am busy for the next 6 weeks at work so it is just perfect timing for his work load and my schedule.:thumbsup:

Ooooh, dang, Joe... I thought the worst when I read your thread title.

"So long..." is way easier than "Good Bye".

Can't wait to see what you get out of her...

All I can say is that you'd better have her back by the time the Stampede rolls around.

:beerchug:

:cheerleader:

Yeah, I thought the same thing Scar did. Glad you're just upgrading her and not getting rid of her! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought the same thing Scar did. Glad you're just upgrading her and not getting rid of her! :thumbsup:

+1

Unfortunately, I will be saying good bye to my baby once a buyer comes around. I'm glad you're upgrading. Get her back soon and enjoy!!

My heart did stop when I walked into the garage and saw there was a big empty spot where the Busa usually is. I thought it was stolen for a second, but once I realized where she is I started smiling again.

Scar - already have the days requested off from work. I will be at the Stampede for sure. I just might get there a little quicker this year with the new power.:laugh:

Cool. I'm staying about 250 mile from SLC I think or so. Elko, Nv is where I'm at. If I get my bike up here I think i might let him do my n2o stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

My heart did stop when I walked into the garage and saw there was a big empty spot where the Busa usually is. I thought it was stolen for a second, but once I realized where she is I started smiling again.

Scar - already have the days requested off from work. I will be at the Stampede for sure. I just might get there a little quicker this year with the new power.:laugh:

ROFLMAO...couldn't ask for more than that, Joe.

Just be sure to bring that ray of sunshine, Dee, with you...:beerchug:

Come early anyway!!! Ride for days!!! :cheerleader:

Congrats on upgrades forthcoming, will definatly be a even bigger beasy upon its return.

Love that snarky sound of a turbo...I can't even use what I got...what do guys do with all of that extra hp if they aren't drag racing? just curious why...2hip

That is great that he was able to pick the bike up for you! I sure hop I can afford a turbo real soon. Getting tired of getting beat by smaller guys on 1k bikes.

Love that snarky sound of a turbo...I can't even use what I got...what do guys do with all of that extra hp if they aren't drag racing? just curious why...2hip

I dunno about those guys with 450+ and never been on a drag strip. Always seemed strange to read about them with monster hp bikes and find out they never been on a drag strip.

I try to go every chance I can on Friday nights. Going fast on the track keeps me from going fast on the city streets. I will have about 280hp for the street and a boost controller for the 325ish hp for the drag strips when I want to get silly and have at least 110 octane in the tank.

Back