My baby is back and now she SCREAMS!!!!!

SWEET !!

What is the difference between stage 1 & stage 2 ?

On my setup I have a 2 stage boost controller to control the boost while only running one set of injectors.

Stage 1 (6 lb mechanical spring) is 228hp and stage 2 is 311hp max at 13 lbs of boost. I can adjust the bleed valve so I get anywhere from 1 lb of boost to 7 lbs of boost more power over the mechanical 6 lb spring in the wastegate. Its kind of like a never ending bottle of nitrous where I can call for an extra 83 hp.

Usually stage 1 on a 1st gen busa = fuel management unit and 1 set of injectors
stage 2 = FMU replaced by a upgraded fuel controller and adding a second set of injectors

Wow I really like this and I love the filter design....so including everything turbo, engine work and tuning. Pretty much everything except the cost of the bike. How much??

Wow I really like this and I love the filter design....so including everything turbo, engine work and tuning. Pretty much everything except the cost of the bike. How much??

Gather up about enough $ to buy a new busa and that should just about cover turbo, upgraded overhauled engine, tuning, and labor, etc. But then you only have half the power and do not get the exhilaration of riding boost. I like to think of it as a tremendous savings if you compare it to how much it would cost to build up a car to run this quick.

Takes plenty of labor to get to this point and put it back together to make over 300hp.
puzzle.jpg

skleton.jpg

Consider rods and pistons alone will run about $1400
wossners.jpg

turbo package, plennum, header, BOV, shipping, etc is about $5000
range005.jpg

Seems like a shame to have to hide those rods inside the engine. Those are NICE! Sounds like you built a really good bike! I love the detachable water tank and led light.

Seems like a shame to have to hide those rods inside the engine. Those are NICE! Sounds like you built a really good bike! I love the detachable water tank and led light.

H20 tank connections even has dry break quick disconnects, Scott put a lot of thought into the complete setup.

I know what you mean about the rods, Wossner makes some works of art. The details in the pistons alone are cherry.

Joe,

That is sick right there! If I was to ever delve into the turbo world...your OP is a blueprint of what I'd be looking for as well. " A daily rider on pump gas......."

Very nicely done sir. Enjoy!!! :beerchug:

WOW!!! Talk about a professional looking job!! :thumbsup:
You are one lucky guy! Be careful out there!!

I know it's obvious to you turbo guys, but why is there a need to inject water in the engine?

I know it's obvious to you turbo guys, but why is there a need to inject water in the engine?

Compressing air builds heat and that can lead to detonation (engine knocks or pinging). The more lbs of boost the higher the charge air temperature before it gets into the engine.

The H20 injection lowers the charge air temp. Either use H20 injection or an intercooler (air/air or a water/air type) to cool things off to keep an engine healthy and be able to make more power.

Compressing air builds heat and that can lead to detonation (engine knocks or pinging). The more lbs of boost the higher the charge air temperature before it gets into the engine.

The H20 injection lowers the charge air temp. Either use H20 injection or an intercooler (air/air or a water/air type) to cool things off to keep an engine healthy and be able to make more power.

OK, I understand the need to cool air, and that water injectors is one way to do it. So, essentially it's like spraying water in very hot but dry climates - it has a cooling effect by evaporating and therfore cooling. First, compressed air wouldn't be that dry and as a result water evaporation process may not cool as effectively as another method. Second, does this mean that all that extra water which was injected into the intake goes right in the combustion chamber? Wouldn't that somehow affect the entire combustion process process (maybe harder to ignite, maybe slow to burn, etc) ?

Last edited:
All these Turbo threads makes Blanca want one....Unh mommie buy me a turbo for Blanca (insert kickin can smiley here)

Beautiful bike and workmanship....
Super nice...Siskel and Ebert...:thumbsup:

Back