My baby is back and now she SCREAMS!!!!!

....does this mean that all that extra water which was injected into the intake goes right in the combustion chamber? Wouldn't that somehow affect the entire combustion process process (maybe harder to ignite, maybe slow to burn, etc) ?

Yes right into the chamber, only a couple of cc's of volume of water.

It does have an affect the combustion process, it makes things cooler and does change the air fuel ratio. That is why it is important to dyno tune as I had it done with the water spraying. I would guess the compressed air from the turbo is about 250F without water and much less with water injection.

Keep in mind the engine is spinning above 6000rpm (where boost comes in) when H20 sprays. Its not like water is always spraying, it only sprays when I am boosting above 10 # minimum and the engine is humming along.

Yes right into the chamber, only a couple of cc's of volume of water.

It does have an affect the combustion process, it makes things cooler and does change the air fuel ratio. That is why it is important to dyno tune as I had it done with the water spraying. I would guess the compressed air from the turbo is about 250F without water and much less with water injection.

Keep in mind the engine is spinning above 6000rpm (where boost comes in) when H20 sprays. Its not like water is always spraying, it only sprays when I am boosting above 10 # minimum and the engine is humming along.

That's very cool (on both levels :laugh:). So, you gotta make sure you always have water. How much can you keep on the bike, and how long will that last? Would seem an intercooler is more mainenance free approach, but more expensive I guess and takes more space as well.

... So, you gotta make sure you always have water. How much can you keep on the bike, and how long will that last? Would seem an intercooler is more mainenance free approach, but more expensive I guess and takes more space as well.

I don't like the idea of a hot heat exchanger (the intercooler option) in front of my radiator that is already working hard here in the desert, so I choose H20 injection. I can hold one quart of H20 in the tank. The bike was on the dyno for two hours, and the tank is still way full. Still over 80% full.

I don't like the idea of a hot heat exchanger (the intercooler option) in front of my radiator that is already working hard here in the desert, so I choose H20 injection. I can hold one quart of H20 in the tank. The bike was on the dyno for two hours, and the tank is still way full. Still over 80% full.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Took a ride today to try out the "o chit" button (my 2 stage boost controller is wired into my flash to pass button) to see what its like to ride on 12 lbs of boost. It only takes a couple seconds of a boosted run to really make the scenery whizz on by. I was out in the desert away from civilization and other vehicles, that is one benefit of living out here. Keep in mind there are many turbo busas that make way more power than I have.

Neat thing about busas having a electronic speedo, if you have a speed-o-healer it will remember the highest mph that can be recalled later. Here is a quick pic of what it told me when I got home with the bike engine off, that is why the temp is high and fuel pressure is zero. I can see new tires being purchased often in my future. :laugh:

179.jpg

Back