Boost Numbers on a Built Engine??

Suzuki Squared

Registered
Hey everyone!

I see all this talk about 10-12psi being the max boost you should run on a turbo Gen 2 Busa engine. But no one is talking about this info for built engines??

I have a Gen 2 engine built with wossner rods and pistons, all upgraded hardware (valve springs, retainers, studs, bearings, etc...). With proper a turbo setup, how much boost will a setup like this be able to handle comfortably to make around 450hp? Not on low boost, but not too high either.

Trick question
Once the motor is "Built" there is no difference really between gen 1 and gen2
gen2 has better fueling

answer depends on so many things
what turbo? Intercooled? what fuel?
What is the actual Compression ratio?

My old turbo was at 382HP at 28PSI
No Idea with my latest setup cause I haven't been on a dyno

Hey everyone!

I see all this talk about 10-12psi being the max boost you should run on a turbo Gen 2 Busa engine. But no one is talking about this info for built engines??

I have a Gen 2 engine built with wossner rods and pistons, all upgraded hardware (valve springs, retainers, studs, bearings, etc...). With proper a turbo setup, how much boost will a setup like this be able to handle comfortably to make around 450hp? Not on low boost, but not too high either.
Till you run out of fuel system, turbo or balls lol make sure you run good fuel tho none of that pump gas poop

Too many variables! What fuel? Turbo? Intercooler? IAT?

You could max out a small Turbo at 20-25 psi or a large Turbo could run 30-40 psi and you’re out of fuel or injector or the ability to hold on without flipping… :rofl:

Back