SAD, SAD NEWS TODAY...

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Two friends of mine met me in Chapel Hill today to ride a little in the Triangle. Kind of a celebration for warmer weather and to see my bikes newest mods. Well we've just left IHOP on Capitol Blvd and we're heading to S. Saunders to connect with I-40. We come up on a scene with police cars and a fire engine. They're re-routing traffic, but as we wait one of the police officers drives up to us and tells us.

"Be careful today guys, a guy on a crotch rocket just hit a car doing 75mph in a 35mph zone. The guy flew 175 feet and was dead before he hit the ground"

This was a messed up ending to an otherwise uneventful day. As the officer was driving away I looked at my buddies and told them, we witnessed this for a reason. I also told them to take it slow going back to Greensboro & Winston-Salem.

This kind of shuck me a little because I think I may have seen the guy drive by IHOP while eating just before the incident occured. So fellas remember when you get on that 2-wheeled rocket, remember those you'll leave behind if things go wrong. It shines new light on something alot of times we take for granted....LIFE!!!

Be blessed and I have to get a prayer up for my h.org fam and all riders in general.

Peace.

sad news, BigDawg.. you bring up a good point about being careful though, especially those of us who have been out of the pilots seat for several months.

Take care, man.

We should always ride safely...
evil.gif

Always think ahead, your minds eye needs to be 1,000 feet of your sight. Stay safe gang. Please stay safe.

Thanks for sharing. Kind of gives a sobering look at what can happen.

Lets all have fun but be careful. Chris

sad to hear but some people have no right wrist restraint
sad.gif

Good point...some people have not ridden for a while do to the weather. So take it easy enjoy and be extra careful so you can ride again.
sad.gif

Very sobbering to all, its not always about the ride, its also coming home to your family and loved ones in the end. For those out of the saddle for a winter they need to get used to it again before bolting back to normal.
sad.gif

THAT'S VERY TRUE, I KNOW IT TOOK ME A FEW MINUTES TO GET REACQUAINTED WITH MY BABY. TAKE IT EASY WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE TRAVELING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND. BUT, WHEN WE DO MAKE SURE IT'S IN AN APPROPRIATE PLACE.

yep....I lost a friend of mine to poor judgement. What I wouldn't give to have him riding with us again....

Be safe out there, people.

Back