Ryde or Die Chick

dezzy7

Registered
This is for all those that ask about the comfort of the busa for two-up riding... Well yesterday morning me and the better half got up and decided we weren't going to church. So we decided we'ld ride30 miles or so and grab brunch at one of the local places in a nearby city. Well when we got there we decided we weren't quite hungry enough to eat yet so we decided to ride to the mountains and enjoy the view. By the time we stopped we had ridden 150+ miles. We grabbed lunch enjoyed the scenic view and rode the 150+ miles back home. After we got home I congratulated her for having completed her first 300+ mile bike trip with no complaints, except an aching butt
laugh.gif

Man most riders don't even roll 300+ miles in a day and I don't know of any pillion riders that ride that far on a sports bike..

Yep this is the same lady that did the survey, and she's getting me bike stands for our wedding anniverary and the shoei X-11 for my birthday.....

Yep sometimes God just gives you a better mate than you ever dreamed possible
idea.gif
idea.gif
idea.gif

idea.gif

idea.gif

Where do you find them kind'of ladies?? Are there some more of'em out there........single

My girlfriend and I rode about 400 miles yesterday, with a few stops of course, and she said the rear seat was fine. Only complaint was her legs. She said her knees bothered her a bit. I tried to get her to stretch them out every now and then while riding but she wouldn't. It was quite an enjoyable ride for both of us. So what do you think?..........should I marry her?
laugh.gif

Me and the War Dept had a couple 300 mi days wore her A$$ out .Myself I've done alot of 300 mi days and the gel seat,staying hydrated and some time in the gym did me justice its great you and your better half get out together nothing like sharing your passion with your honey.:cool:

I did a 300 mile day on the original seat solo and found it most comfortable sitting as far back on the front seat as possible where its wider and just just a sweeaty rear. Just did 220 miles with my 11 year old daughter (she loves the busa almost as much as I do). Her legs got stiff and the weight of the helmet fatigued her neck but otherwise she did fine. The road was awesom in Arizona coming down highway 89 south from Prescott towards Wickenburg through a high pine forest (6100') and non-stop twisties for miles, no cops. My daughter rides horses and has such good balance on the back of the bike I can't even tell she's there except for the occasion tap on the arm to point something out. Hand excersises while gripping the throttle and using abdominal muscles to keeps the weight off my hands helps a lot for long distance rides. Stay hydrated because the wind acts like an evaporative cooler and sucks the moisture right out of you.
biggrin.gif

Well, heres my story, my wife actually bought my 01 for a pre wedding gift then went and got me a joe rocket riding jacket for my birthday. Said she liked the size of the backseat on the busa compared to all the other bikes she looked at and figured that is where she would be spending most of her time so she chose that one. GOD I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

We need a little emoticon that's green with envy!
That'd be me!
tounge.gif

My girlfriend and I rode about 400 miles yesterday, with a few stops of course, and she said the rear seat was fine. Only complaint was her legs. She said her knees bothered her a bit. I tried to get her to stretch them out every now and then while riding but she wouldn't. It was quite an enjoyable ride for both of us. So what do you think?..........should I marry her?
laugh.gif

Maybe I should have had the wife ask how many riders have supportive mates.... It typically seems like its about 50/50.
Hey tech think about getting a corbin rear seat if she rides with you alot. Its 2-3 inches taller than stock and therefore gives a little more legroom/comfort for your pillion....

As for mattying her wait till she starts financing the mods or buying the accessories before you make that kind of vital decision
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I am one of the fortunate ones. My wife is enjoying the Busa much more than my old 750, but now she is thinking she wants to learn how to ride so she can have her own ride. not a problem, I am going to keep the 750 for a track bike and buy her a new one.

You guys just need to get the ladies Busas of their own!  Then you won't have to worry about new seats, are they comfy or not...your only worry would be if you could keep up with them!
ices_rofl.gif

My wife and I have been riding together for 22 years. Even though she has her own bike, most of her miles are with me.

Some of longer rides (all on sport bikes or sport-tourers) include home (Lansing, MI) to Deals Gap, home to Hilton Head, home to Montreal. Lots of 600+ mile days...

In fact, we just returned from a 650 mile weekend "loop" up to Traverse City.

Count me as one of the lucky ones. I can't imagine spending my life with someone that didn't share my passion for sport bikes!

Mike

I've done several 300 mile days, with the stock seat. BTW, I rode 160 miles saturday for breakfast. Just needed some grits and toast, so I went to Wise, Va for it. I figured it was as good a reason as any. I wish I could have ridden more. Gone 3.5 hours.

Finally got my honey to with me last week. I have had the busie over 2 years now and she had only ridden once around the block in Hilo when I first got it. We and cousin & wife rode 1 hr out to a lake had dinner with rode 1 hr back. Very cool. She's not hooked but at least it's a start.
thumbs-up.gif
war.gif
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Good point Dez.......she'd probably start buying accessories like mad if that was what it took. Do think I'll hold off for a while though.......like maybe............hmmmmmmmmmm....

Guess I better leave it at that.....just in case she reads this......hehehehehehehe

My first wife never really appreciated my love for sportbikes and rode very little with me. But now I am quite lucky. My fiance not only rides with me for as long and as far as I want to go, she is learning how to ride for herself. She even rode my CBR654RR a fw times with no problems (she is blessed, or should I say I am, with long legs). Of course the Bus is nowhere for a beginner so she will be taking a riding course at the Communuty College and when we can afford it we will get her a bike of her own. We will always still ride two-up though. It is a blast with someone who really appreciates it.

Either way, I am very lucky and quite glad to have her along for the ride. It makes all the difference (and she is HOT!, and 5 years younger than my ex, HA HA)

Back