Chromed or Polished ?

Shadow

Registered
Okay just got a '04 Busa this year, and tryin to decide whether i want to polish or Chrome the Frame swingarm & grab bar,

Whose got what ? why ? & recommended places to consider for the work, Of Course Pics are always welcome

D.

I've got a chrom swing arm & grab bar and I'm planning to have
my frame polished because it costs too much and takes too long.
Some cons of chrome: risk of damage/chipping & may slightly increase
weight of bike with mucho bling bling. Cons of polish: doesn't
look quite as attractive and requires retouch every year or so.
I love my chrome and don't regret a thing.

Hump.JPG

Disregard reflectors...they've since been removed. Warning, some of
the guys on this site have like a reflector removal fetish or
something.
tounge.gif

Haven't done it yet, but everything I have read says that chroming is the way to go! Polishing is okay in terms of cost, but requires a lot of maintenance to keep it looking good, as Big Dawg said.

Thanks Guys, I am leanin toward the Chrome and as far as weight
Hey when it comes to that i'm sure a lil turbo or NOS would take care of that but i'll beat that bridge if i come to it

Big Dawg what rims you got on there ?

All i am plannin for next winter is the Chrome/Polish maybe a PC & full exhaust & if i get the time to practice my airbrushin (been a few years) i might give it a new look

Thanks Again

I got all my stuff chromed except for the frame, I polished that. As was said it is more upkeep than chrome but I did not want to strip the motor and everything out of the bike. Here is a pic of it, I just recently (yesterday) got it off of the stand.

bike_progress_040416.JPG

I ONLY use SportChrome, in California.
He always takes care of me. I have had LOTS of things chromed. I have used others and have sence, sold all of that stuff. I sat it side by side, and could SEE the difference.
I will NEVER polish another item. My ZX-11 was polished and I spent more time trying to keep it looking good, than riding.
A little windex on the chrome and you are off to the ride.

WWW.Sportchrome.com

Tell Jon that the SLEEPERBUSA sent ya.

On side not.
EVER chrome shop will have a messed up peice come out sometimes. It's how it's handled, is the key.

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082212805 -->

I ONLY use SportChrome, in California.
He always takes care of me. I have had LOTS of things chromed. I have used others and have sence, sold all of that stuff. I sat it side by side, and could SEE the difference.
I will NEVER polish another item. My ZX-11 was polished and I spent more time trying to keep it looking good, than riding.
A little windex on the chrome and you are off to the ride.

WWW.Sportchrome.com

Tell Jon that the SLEEPERBUSA sent ya.

On  side not.
EVER chrome shop will have a  messed up peice come out sometimes. It's how it's handled, is the key.
I must admit that the ONE good thing about SportChrome is that they do exceptional work that is flawless.

Brian
redcomprs2.gif

If you have the dough CHrome everything. If i had a little extra i would have paid to have my frame chrome. Unless you drag race for money weight is not an issue. DO your resaerch and find a chronme company you are happy with. I have a few pieces from jon at sportchrome. He does good work . But i used a local guy who did everything except my chain guard and chrome rearsets locally . My whole bike was chromed out with a polished swingarm for $1800.

busabro that bike is looking good. I like all of the stuff that you had done. Mine is pretty similar (in the fact that we have alot of the same stuff chromed that is).

Neither, Do something original, How about powdercoating or anodizing? Any number of colors... Frame, swing arm, etc... Could be really fresh...

OK OK to the point, If your determined to go Blinging... What I have heard from more than a couple of people is that Polished bits are a pain in the ass to clean and keep up with. You need to keep polishing them to keep them looking decent. So chrome is the way to go for a low maintenance mirrored finish that should last and last...

Thanks for the Pics Guys, Bikes look triple slick
Thanks for the opinion Rev, i am doin a lil powder coating myself but chrome holds a special place in soul
smile.gif

The powder coating i am doin thru a customer of mine lettin me use his equipment
it won't all be done til winter when i tear the whole bike down but when i start i'll have a progress thread goin then

I figured i'd spend my free time this summer figurin' out exactly what i intend on doin thru winter

btw anybody ever needs spray equipment ( graco, binks, devilbiss, sata, iwata ) let me know i work for a distributor, let me know what ur lookin for and your zip code and i'll let you know what i can get it to ya for

Thanks again sorry ramblin
tounge.gif

Back