First ride of the year

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Since mom passed dad decided that he wanted to get his motorcycle endorsement again and bought a 2009 Burgman 650 at Christmas time. This past Thursday, after 50+ years, dad finished the MSF class, passed the DPS test and has his motorcycle license. We've been storing the scooter for dad and he drove his truck up to take the class so this weekend we took everthing back to his place. We started out Saturday morning, dad in his truck, Diana on the Burgman and me on the K1200GT. It was a lot colder than we are used to riding (35F).

We got about halfway to dad's home and the weather had warmed to about 60 so we decided to do a rider swap and Diana got the heated truck cab. Dad did about an hour of highway riding and was completely tired out but did great considering how long it had been. :thumbsup: Diana was a trooper :love: and did most of the trip on the scooter logging about 330 of the 400 miles. We spent the night, had some GREAT mexican food then headed back to Dallas this morning.

All in all it was an 801 mile, 13 hour weekend and a great kickoff to 2013. I'm truly fortunate to have be able to share riding with my dad, wife and youngest son.

I know, I broke the :rulez:. There are no pics, sorry.

sounds like a great adventure! glad your Dad is back on two wheels with you, there should be many more good memories to come :beerchug:

so maybe next year your dad is buying a Hayabusa? that would be Awesome. Im glad you got to have that experience with your Dad.. its priceless and with your Wife too. My most remember able riding is always with me wife. and you got to have that with your dad too.. thanks for posting..

BTW my wife and kids and I are moving in with you.. its in the 20's here and getting more snow tomorrow.. I havent rode a bike since Oct :banghead:

I'm so glad you've gotten your Dad back out there, riding. Great memories!! I'm jealous too...I want to start my riding season!

:thumbsup:

sounds like a great adventure! glad your Dad is back on two wheels with you, there should be many more good memories to come :beerchug:

I hope so. Dad has done nothing for the last several years except take care of mom and deserves some fun.

That sounds fun Dan, glad you guys got to get out. I bet your dad enjoyed it! :beerchug:

Good Stuff Dan! It is a moment to always remember when you can ride with family! My son takes msf course next weekend.We have been hitting all the back roads lately to get some seat time. We all need to ride one of these days.

so maybe next year your dad is buying a Hayabusa? that would be Awesome. Im glad you got to have that experience with your Dad.. its priceless and with your Wife too. My most remember able riding is always with me wife. and you got to have that with your dad too.. thanks for posting..

BTW my wife and kids and I are moving in with you.. its in the 20's here and getting more snow tomorrow.. I havent rode a bike since Oct :banghead:

C'mon down! We have a couple spare bikes too.

I'm so glad you've gotten your Dad back out there, riding. Great memories!! I'm jealous too...I want to start my riding season!

:thumbsup:

Y'all should come visit. We'd love to have you stay with us.

That sounds fun Dan, glad you guys got to get out. I bet your dad enjoyed it! :beerchug:

Thanks James. Dad was really suprised at how tired he was after 1 hour. :laugh:

He's said he is going to ride very day because he's coming with us to the fall bash. He's heard Diana and I talk about the org for years and wants to meet everyone and share in the experience.

Good Stuff Dan! It is a moment to always remember when you can ride with family! My son takes msf course next weekend.We have been hitting all the back roads lately to get some seat time. We all need to ride one of these days.

I completely agree.

I'd really enjoy doing a nice family ride and we are past due for getting together.

I completely agree.

I'd really enjoy doing a nice family ride and we are past due for getting together.

This is true.
My son leaves for the Army April 8th. We have been riding every Monday. As you know I work weekends. :-/

Back