RWHP need above 200mph

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
IMO...

we all know it takes about 205 rear wheel hp to get to/over 200mph at maxton.

so for every 3 more hp you'll gain 1mph from 200-220mph.

you'll need 4 more hp to gain 1mph from 220-235mph.

It's kinda humbling to think about what it takes to gain 5 mph at these speeds. Tweeking your system most likely isn't gonna get you there.

yea, nly 325 or so... that's not as easy as you might thing though. You have to have the right chassis setup, gearing, and ramp rates for your boost in each gear to squeeze out a 235mph. Also you have to take into account aero's. If your tuck is crap it ain't gonna happen.

Do they do the 1 mile average of your speed or do you get a top speed on the run at Maxton? I've been told that at Bonnieville you have to hold your speed through the traps (1 mile). That takes about 15-20 seconds of NOS . I'm just interested in breaking 200+ . I really wish there was a place closer here .

Frisbee, I have seen your bike, I think ya got the juice!
bowdown.gif

I'm sure I do its just getting there and doing it . Plus its going to get a few more goodies soon .

Drool, drool, I need to get back down there for a visit soon and get my supension done. Let me know when you are gonna go see the man, and maybe we could head that way together.
beerchug.gif

Depends on the persons wieght and experience most need over 200 h.p. while others need only 190 -195 h.p.
I have set up many different bikes with just 190 - 195 - 200  h.p. that run over 200 MPH

Sal / ACE PERFORMANCE.

A good set up would be lowered bike head work, cams, and a good tune, with a quality exhuast pipe.
The better would be a piston kit with the same as above.
I just set my customer up with a 3 mill,head work,cam's on a ZX12 his wieght
@ 220 lbs and he hit his limiter @ 200.5 just before the traps and only
went thru on the clocks at 198.7 mph we droped 2 teeth in the rear I went thru
at 205.6 MPH bike we were happy with our results but will do 207 mph next time.

At Maxton they take your speed at the finish line with a speed trap (like 1/4 mile drag racing.

Bonneville is very different. They measure your average for each whole mile.

My post says it takes ABOUT 205hp. Yes, it can be done with less but the average guys with average setups are gonna need 205hp. This takes into account Maxton weather conditiones and elevation but not wind direction.

Hell you can throw a jockey on a 190hp busa and he'll hit >200mph at maxton with a good tail wind.

It's a good starting point for someone who thinks they're 210hp built bike is gonna make some crushing top speeds at Maxton.
beerchug.gif

I have a stock 06 busa, added a turbo, dynoed 224. With leathers, helmet & boots Im 190 lb. What suspension setting do yall recomend for my stock suspension,for an attempt at 200, it felt fine at 180 mph with factory settings. Seems like it doesnt really matter if Im going straight, also what tire pressure?

Thanks Tommy Cole

depends where you plan on running... For maxton just set you sag right with you and your gear on the bike and keep the compression and rebound on the soft side. Tire pressure I would stay around 40. You're not putting a ton of power down so you don't have to worry about wheel spin. How much torque does your engine make?

I know , and with the right music on it is sweet ! Just watch out for the police!

Back