Russia and Ukraine

I don’t think he’s ever been a madman? He’s a very intelligent former kgb leader who’s lasted decades in Russian govt. Pretty sure he knows what he’s doing even if it’s something we don’t like. Really no different than giving Hitler credit where it’s due and still not forgetting he tried to murder the world. You’re not siding with them or supporting them just pointing out some things they did were still to this day masterful.
Very intelligent, hard to figure the invasion of Ukraine, seems foolhardy for a thinker like him. He took the conversation with Carlson wherever he wanted, and I believe he would do the same with Biden or Trump.

I find it sort of troubling so many Ukrainians have abandoned their country to flee elsewhere...

Now their country is hurting for able bodied fighters to the point of being almost combat ineffective and at risk of a Russian victory....

One would think these recent Ukrainian ex-pats would go back and fight for what's theirs.....

after Feb 2022 , most Ukrainian men under 40 were not allowed to leave the country

except if you had $$$$ to pay off Border guards which is what thousands did

how many thousands more are required to be thrown into the meat grinder ,same for the Russian side - Prisons are now empty as they are on the front line

after Feb 2022 , most Ukrainian men under 40 were not allowed to leave the country

except if you had $$$$ to pay off Border guards which is what thousands did

how many thousands more are required to be thrown into the meat grinder ,same for the Russian side - Prisons are now empty as they are on the front line
There are the media scare tactics saying Russia is going to invade Europe....I don't know where they will get their ground invasion force from because just as you said, they are getting desperate for people when they are emptying out prisons....

And many of the tanks that were captured were cobbled together from scrap...

There are the media scare tactics saying Russia is going to invade Europe....I don't know where they will get their ground invasion force from because just as you said, they are getting desperate for people when they are emptying out prisons....

And many of the tanks that were captured were cobbled together from scrap...

I don’t buy any of that BS that Putin is going to roll further west
There is no value in example in invading Poland

There is nothing they want , and as you know without country wide conscription there are insufficient armed forces. Plus Russia mothers would be up in arms.

The news we see over here is what they want us to see. Ukraine is in much bigger trouble than what we hear, regarding the war. From a corruption point of view, they are worse than Mexico.

The news we see over here is what they want us to see. Ukraine is in much bigger trouble than what we hear, regarding the war. From a corruption point of view, they are worse than Mexico.

People who I served with before were in Ukraine for years providing technical training and they reported that there are significant issues within the Ukrainian military.....there were active neo-nazi units operating there.....and our instructors were informed to not provide these units with any sort of training....so the units merely took off their unit patches....

That and their military's officers and SNCO corps were weak and not well trained in leadership...it got to the point that NATO militaries basically had military college instructors inserted to provide basic leadership training.

I'd say the Ukrainian losses are far greater than what is being reported....they have to walk the fine line in order to maintain full western support.

I find it sort of troubling so many Ukrainians have abandoned their country to flee elsewhere...

Now their country is hurting for able bodied fighters to the point of being almost combat ineffective and at risk of a Russian victory....

One would think these recent Ukrainian ex-pats would go back and fight for what's theirs.....

Well from my understanding, modern "Ukraine" is basically a western construct and "the ukraine" represents what the region historically was, a border region that was contested by Poland and Russia over the centuries. Now what we think of this hardly matters, it's what the people living there think, many of whom are Russian speaking, Russian decent. Then there are those of Polish decent. I suspect a proportion of those that fled were probably from both ancestries and used their refugee status to access Western countries and a better life. The only logical conclusion to draw is that in a real sense many living there don't consider ukraine as 'theirs', else the people would indeed fight for it, to the bitter end, just as most long established nations do. And if they didn't stay and fight, then there is small chance they will return and fight is there.

India and Pakistan used to be one nation, So was Iraq and Iran, that was Persia. Maps change all the time, it's hard to keep up. Where is Yugoslavia? Yugoslavia was a country in Central Europe that existed from 1918 to 1992. It came into existence in 1918 following World War I, then after an economic and political crisis in the 1980s broke up along its republics' borders into five countries. Ukraine, 'the ukraine'?
It only matters on TV. It's a TV war like Vietnam was a TV war, when the dust settles no one will give a poop either way.

Indian History

History of the ukraine region

Western Ukraine, west of the Zbruch river, until 1939 was for most of the time part of the Kingdom of Galicia and later the Polish Republic. Detailed information for those territories is missing, for more information see Demographics of Poland. Crimea changed hands as well; in 1897 it was a part of the Taurida Governorate, but after the October Revolution became part of the Russian SFSR, and in 1954 was brought under the administration of the Ukrainian SSR.

Well from my understanding, modern "Ukraine" is basically a western construct and "the ukraine" represents what the region historically was, a border region that was contested by Poland and Russia over the centuries. Now what we think of this hardly matters, it's what the people living there think, many of whom are Russian speaking, Russian decent. Then there are those of Polish decent. I suspect a proportion of those that fled were probably from both ancestries and used their refugee status to access Western countries and a better life. The only logical conclusion to draw is that in a real sense many living there don't consider ukraine as 'theirs', else the people would indeed fight for it, to the bitter end, just as most long established nations do. And if they didn't stay and fight, then there is small chance they will return and fight is there.

India and Pakistan used to be one nation, So was Iraq and Iran, that was Persia. Maps change all the time, it's hard to keep up. Where is Yugoslavia? Yugoslavia was a country in Central Europe that existed from 1918 to 1992. It came into existence in 1918 following World War I, then after an economic and political crisis in the 1980s broke up along its republics' borders into five countries. Ukraine, 'the ukraine'?
It only matters on TV. It's a TV war like Vietnam was a TV war, when the dust settles no one will give a poop either way.

Indian History

History of the ukraine region
The sad times we live in where people won't fight for what's theirs..

Regardless of ancestry and history, if a person is born or lives in a country, it is theirs.......there are few countries in the world which are inhabited by the ancestors of the people who were of the first people to settle a country...I guess it bothers me when people so readily abandon their country without fighting for it....if I were a host country, I wouldn't allow them in as I know in a pinch they'd abandon that country as well....who wants citizens like that?

There was tension between provinces in the former Yugoslavia that was held together by force by the former Soviet Union, once that collapsed, so did Yugoslavia.....that war was a nasty one filled with ethnic cleansing and hatred of which is still present today....in all the conflict zones I operated in, it was one of the worst....

I was reading this morning that Ukraine is rationing it's ammo....which is about time as they have been burning through ammo at an alarming rate....

This happens with an undisciplined/inexperienced military all the time.....even in battle an ammo expenditure estimation is developed and the troops of Ukraine threw that out the window....they were firing 155mm Excalibur rounds like they were conventional rounds....and they are uber-expensive....

I was reading this morning that Ukraine is rationing it's ammo....which is about time as they have been burning through ammo at an alarming rate....

This happens with an undisciplined/inexperienced military all the time.....even in battle an ammo expenditure estimation is developed and the troops of Ukraine threw that out the window....they were firing 155mm Excalibur rounds like they were conventional rounds....and they are uber-expensive....
also falling short of young men willing to sign up, i heard that if a young man is walking the street there is a chance a military vehicle will drive next to you and basically 'press ganged' to join up

for those unaware of press ganged

Last edited:
Who was that US Marine General that said war is a racket? He talked of all the conflicts he was in and the banks and corporations that benefited from them. The British Empire's forces did basically the same thing, going in before the East India company to quell dissent and allow for exploitation. Now that military hardware is a major expense it's a bit different and the big arms dealers are the ones behind the scenes making the bucks. How much of the US aid to the ukraine went directly to the dealers?

How much have US 'Big Five' weapon manufacturers gained from arms sales to Ukraine?

The recruiter's words exposed the fact that Ukraine has unfortunately become a gold mine for the US military-industrial complex (MIC). Having seldom bought weapons abroad before the crisis, Ukraine became the world's third biggest arms importer in 2022, ranking fifth among the US' main arms export destinations, according to data from Statista.

Ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis has brought the "Big Five" even more contracts. Lockheed Martin, for instance, won a $4.8 billion deal from the US Army for Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems, which "the US has sent in large numbers to Ukraine," reported Defense News in April.

Who was that US Marine General that said war is a racket? He talked of all the conflicts he was in and the banks and corporations that benefited from them. The British Empire's forces did basically the same thing, going in before the East India company to quell dissent and allow for exploitation. Now that military hardware is a major expense it's a bit different and the big arms dealers are the ones behind the scenes making the bucks. How much of the US aid to the ukraine went directly to the dealers?

How much have US 'Big Five' weapon manufacturers gained from arms sales to Ukraine?
Agreed

There are 2 massive rackets going on

The first the Military industrial complex and the second the Medical industrial complex with big and pharma

Fighting a war takes a lot of materials-everything from bandages to aircraft......there is nothing inexpensive about it but when you are watching your buddies get shot or are pinned down by enemy fire, the fact that cost is involved disappears really quickly.

It was said that war is hell and it certainly is that....

I hate to be "that guy" but anyone who complains about the financial cost of war, hasn't been in one or seen the cost to human life they cause.

Sadly wars are a part of the human experience....we just aren't designed to get along.

The reality of Ukrainian Nazi units in WW2....

This ideology has never left Ukraine....they fought the Russians when they moved through into Germany and never really wanted to be part of the former Soviet Union....

Canadian monument to Ukrainian Nazi veterans removed​

Back