Russia and Ukraine

In the end, troops fight and die for each other...we never question why we are sent somewhere, we just go.

I was in most of the ugly places and saw things a little differently...even while I was there I questioned why our government sent us.....but in the end, I had a mission to accomplish and I had to trust in my leadership knowing the bigger picture.

It's easy to look back and view it differently in hindsight though but at the time we had a job to do.

I know going into Afghanistan wiped out hundreds of terror training facilities and most likely helped in the destruction of ISIL and other fledgling terror organizations. NATO was able to establish a sense of normalcy to Afghanistan and while we were there we did a lot of good....if we were allowed to go into Pakistan and take out the Taliban who were in sanctuary we would have been able to make a big difference...

And then the inserted Afghan government collapsed and the Afghan National Army with them leaving the country to the Taliban. NATO should have seen this coming and set a trap for them but missed the opportunity.

Now we are engaged in a proxy war with Russia which could potentially last a very long time and cost trillions upon trillions but if we abandon Ukraine and let it fall, the failure of NATO could be catastrophic....it's a two edge sword as even if Ukraine is successful, the cold war will be reignited (or worse).

Yes we all have our charities. But my question was if you feel they were ill-gotten gains did you turn them down or give them back?
By then the deed was done and our troops were there. The govt solicited contracts and I won some. To be honest I wound up losing money on more of them than I made. You get a quote to ship ten pallets from X to Iraq and then it takes six months to review, award and fulfill guess what prices change. Shipping, flights, trying to arrange trucks IN Iraq to tote the stuff to base. It was fun and a friggin nightmare at the same time. Not to mention the times I was there I was not staying on base. We were in the homes of citizens we rented. Random explosions in the distance. Nah got old quick. Son was born and all the sudden things seemed different. Was more worrisome being there than ‘exciting’ after that point.
But no I don’t feel the bits I made were ill gotten. They were hard earned.
My name isn’t Cheney and I couldn’t seem to win the contracts that paid six dollars per can of coke. Certainly wasn’t Lord of War making millions.

As the USA was part of an Allied alliance it's hard to say.....there was a neutral country (Switzerland) where some Nazis retreated to and were not able to be hunted down by allied forces.

And to add to this, the Germans were convinced they were superior in every way so they wouldn't use a sanctuary if they had one.
I haven't read up much on where Argentina stood as far as U.S. relations in WW II. But it certainly harbored a lot well off Germans that fled Germany from WW II. I've been there 3 times exploring it as a potential place to live. It is very much like a mainland European city. It's infrastructure, architecture, and many of its amenities, Buenos Aires pretty much owes a lot of what it is, to the Germans and the $$ that poured in with them. I haven't been to all of S America, but what I have seen, BA is the only city that is like this.

By then the deed was done and our troops were there. The govt solicited contracts and I won some. To be honest I wound up losing money on more of them than I made. You get a quote to ship ten pallets from X to Iraq and then it takes six months to review, award and fulfill guess what prices change. Shipping, flights, trying to arrange trucks IN Iraq to tote the stuff to base. It was fun and a friggin nightmare at the same time. Not to mention the times I was there I was not staying on base. We were in the homes of citizens we rented. Random explosions in the distance. Nah got old quick. Son was born and all the sudden things seemed different. Was more worrisome being there than ‘exciting’ after that point.
But no I don’t feel the bits I made were ill gotten. They were hard earned.
My name isn’t Cheney and I couldn’t seem to win the contracts that paid six dollars per can of coke. Certainly wasn’t Lord of War making millions.
Wow, it took you 3 posts to say, "No, I didn't turn it down." BTW I'm just messing with you. Our firm made a fortune off the wars.

I read that Russia is shaking it's fist at Finland and Denmark for wanting to join NATO and said they would suffer the same fate as Ukraine...

So far Putin isn't exactly winning that war so I'm not sure what he's thinking ...if he had multiple fronts to fight, I think he'd have his ass handed to him unless he resorts to nuclear where nobody wins....especially him where the prevailing winds would blow all the fallout right down his throat...

I look forward to seeing Tucker Carlsons interview - it’s called free speech I like to here what he has to say

We ( USA and UK) all need to see why we are paying billions

Having just seen the 2hour "monolog" where Putin "blabbering" about aincent history and adresses every other country's "flaws" without mentioning on legit reason to invade Ukraine i'm not impressed. He still uses "denazification" as the main reason and using a goverment funded private army named after Hitlers favourite composer to do so (oh the irony).

Carson is left listening without any critic questons.

But to qoute Putin himself "any intelligent man can understand that".

I watched a couple clips. Didn’t seem too serious. Tucker smiling and joking never really asked him hard questions.

What struck me was the amount of effort the media here put into telling people not to watch it or believe anything in it. So scared to protect the narrative they don’t want the world to hear the other side.

Putin clearly wanted to set the scene hence the history story. It was designed for the US viewer.
Make out Putin was accommodating and not the madmen painted by MSM
I don’t think he’s ever been a madman? He’s a very intelligent former kgb leader who’s lasted decades in Russian govt. Pretty sure he knows what he’s doing even if it’s something we don’t like. Really no different than giving Hitler credit where it’s due and still not forgetting he tried to murder the world. You’re not siding with them or supporting them just pointing out some things they did were still to this day masterful.

I agree no madmen

Not many Western leaders can talk for hours and hours without script

Biden gives NO interviews for obvious reasons

Western leaders come and go , for him it’s 25 years

I’m not supporting him but the Motherland is always utmost in most Russian minds, something which is missing in our Western democracy and this is not understood by many

Back