Run In with Quid on R1

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
I'm on a very busy stretch of I-40, mindin my own jon brown business in thinning evening commute. I'm doing ~80mph in cool position (half leaning on the tank with the left arm folded across the tank). Out of no where here comes an R1 (03' model) blowin by me like I'm sitting still.

Here is the kicker, the dude was wearing ankle socks, tennis shoes, shorts and a T-shirt. Initially I was like what a bung hole. I contimplated catching him to do a lil smack down, but two things slowed my decision.
1. Heavy traffic
2. Plug in rear tire (fixed now by the way)

Anyway, after a minute of so I figured what the hay I'm goin to go and get him, CAUTIOUSLY. Withing a few seconds I'm coming up behind him and he's in the far left lane boxed in with 3 cars in the lane to his immediate right. So I've got him now right....wrong he cuts between two cars into a space barely big enough for his bike goes into the far right lane accelarates and passes a line of cars and cuts back across the lanes to the far left.

So I'm left with all the brake lights and horns as he weaves carelessly through traffic half naked.

No I'm no hyprocrit because I'm guilty of less than safe riding on more than one occassion. However, it seemed like this bung hold had something to prove. This is exactly the kind of rider that makes cops treat everyone like criminals. Had this guy lost it and gone down, there would have been at least a 5 car pile up, with possibly some casualties.

Initially I was a lil pissed at him, then it occurred to me, it's lonely at the top LOL LOL LOL. Guess he was out to prove he could pass a laid back busa rider in evening traffic on one of the busiest highways in America. Poor fella, I'm glad he came out of it unscathed. I pray next time will be the same for him and all around him.

BD

He's probably on the R1 forum talking about how he whipped up on a busa right now
laugh.gif

Poor fella!

When you feel inferior, you must do stupid shitt to get noticed.

No different than when folks in sports cars run past us in heavy traffic. I can forgive it the stupidity. Fck em.

yeah man, he was on a mission. Now if I would have had a good tire and been in a testy mood, I would have shown him how well the Busa handles in traffic and on the interstate, oh my God. I would eaten him alive, but anyway If he feels like more of a man now, I'm happy for em
tounge.gif

"Elevation by Degredation" That is the philosophy of bullies. They do whatever they can to make you think they're better than you. It doesn't work well if you don't give in. Lowering yourself to his level will prove him right, even if you pass him.

BD -

Think of it this way, your mature thinking might have saved his life.

If you would have gave chase, it sounds like he might have been the type of person to push it to the limit.

Heavy traffic, shid for gear.

let him brag. At least he is alive to be able to brag and he might be alive just because you DIDNT chase his stupid squid butt down.

But yeah, kind of reflects bad on us.

But I too am not in a postion to cast stones, not like have not done anything real real stupid.. as a matter of fact, just last weekend I ..... oh never mind...
biggrin.gif

BD -

If you would have gave chase, it sounds like he might have been the type of person to push it to the limit.

let him brag. At least he is alive to be able to brag and he might be alive just because you DIDNT chase his stupid squid butt down.

But I too am not in a postion to cast stones, not like have not done anything real real stupid.. as a matter of fact, just last weekend I ..... oh never mind...
biggrin.gif
Ron takes it really easy!!!

I am a witness and if anyone says otherwise, I will have Ron kick their butt!
tounge.gif

Last weekend huh?
rock.gif
..........APOP
rock.gif
DO tell!

rock.gif

BD -

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Last weekend huh?
rock.gif
..........APOP
rock.gif
DO tell!
Welll uhhhh rumor has it... that welll

When I was riding with Sageronin last weekend in the Maryland area, there were like these dudes in these old cars going real slow.. and well.. they started honking at us when we politely changed lanes, using blinkers AND hand signals I might add...yeah.. hand signals.. that’s what they were.. anyway.... uhh

Ask Sageronin. he will tell you... people just get upset about the silliest things

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117185949 -->

rock.gif

tounge.gif

Last weekend huh?
rock.gif
..........APOP
rock.gif
DO tell!
And I did take it easy!! honest... huh Sageronin.....

They were ahead of me the whole time. I was bringing up the rear.. except on this one road when.... ohhh never mind...

rock.gif

Let me add a verse to the wise counsel in Ecclesiastes...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace...

...A time to stretch the Busa's legs on an isolated straightaway, and a time to let punk squids pass you by in traffic as they flirt with their own mortality.

I'm glad you recognize your seasons and times.
smile.gif

It's a good thing he didn't crash from his own stupidity. more than likely you would have stopped to see if you could help and all the cagers would have sworn you and the naked squid were racing. The next thing you know you'd be Bubba's best biotch and never knew what hit ya. Sad be terribly feasible in todays world!
glad ya pulled out of the situation when ya did!!
wink.gif

glad you didnt see any carnage...... I try my damndest to be unnoticed when riding on the street.. but thats hard to to.

ya did the right thing. Save the speed for safer places.

Ya don't need to prove anything. They know. Deep down, they know.:p

tounge.gif

Last weekend huh?
rock.gif
..........APOP
rock.gif
DO tell!
And I did take it easy!! honest... huh Sageronin.....

They were ahead of me the whole time. I was bringing up the rear.. except on this one road when.... ohhh never mind...
BigDawg ... smart decision to let him go in that kind of traffic ... surely you'll run into him again and no doubt you'll teach him a lesson!!

Ron ... you're a bad man ... scaring the bejeezus out of these Maryland cagers. We gave you the nod to take the lead ... and did you ever ... thank goodness that one LEO was busy picking up flying furniture out of the middle of the highway or no doubt you'd would have been taking a "performance award" back to Cali with ya
smile.gif
On a serious note though there were no squid moves ... Ron was rolling with cool skillful precision ... some cagers just didn't like the high speed passes
smile.gif

Sorry BD for hijacking your thread while reminiscing about last week.

rock.gif

smile.gif

Back