Rotrex Hayabusa build

Yesterday I had the first dyno session with the busa. It started with problems to get connection with the bike by the USB connection... To tune the bike I use Woolich Racing logbox v3 + software and zeitronix zt-3 senor.
Normally when using auto tune I have a target AFR mapping and I drive and log the AFR+TPS and use a USB cable to read the log and send new mapping to the ecu. This normally works perfect but on the dyno i got USB error messages when I wanted to send a new map to the ecu although I could read engine data without problem..? Final solution to get it working was to get the bike of the dyno and drive It on the street like normally works and connect again to the laptop and it worked. We did put the bike back on the dyno and it continued to work this time. But we are stil not sure why it didnt work first time?... Maybe it had something to do with magnetic field around the dyno or something..?
But finally we could get some testing done. We decided first to tune it up to 8000rpm with 70-100% tps. First time the bike ran way to rich on fuel. After a couple of runs we made some progress to a base setting to continue on. Stil a bit rich on fuel but good enough for now.
The numbers this far are 230Rwhp and 190NM at about 8300rpm, and it is stil rich on fuel.
For further tuning I first want to put a power commander on the bike because it is easier to adjust the mapping with this.
Overall it looked good and it all stayed together..
Next weeks I want to get a power commander on the bike and make a air inlet at the front of the bike to get more air to the rotrex oil cooler.

I have a woolich and when I removed the front wheel speed sensor it won’t log but will still show live data sitting at idle plugged into the laptop. Not sure why it wouldn’t work on the dyno and then after a short ride it did, odd.

You may want to consider a Maxx mini to piggyback off the stock ecu or just get a Maxx street. They have an auto tune for AFR like what woolich has.

I have a woolich and when I removed the front wheel speed sensor it won’t log but will still show live data sitting at idle plugged into the laptop. Not sure why it wouldn’t work on the dyno and then after a short ride it did, odd.

You may want to consider a Maxx mini to piggyback off the stock ecu or just get a Maxx street. They have an auto tune for AFR like what woolich has.
Can Maxxecu mini be used as a piggyback? I can’t find more info on this.

They have an input for this referenced in their help files. Fueltech is using the ft600 on their twin turbo c8 Corvette as a piggyback to control fuel and ignition so it’s not unheard of.

Last week's I worked on 2 3d printed intakes for more direct cooling of the rotrex oil radiator.

IMG_20230430_185410.jpg

IMG_20230430_185418.jpg

Today i had time to do some testing on a new setup to tune the engine. Last tune on the dyno made me reconsider the setup for tuning the engine...
I still used the standard IAP sensor for idle control, but with this stock mapsensor you normally dont run boost on them so I had a one way valve in front of the sensor and when the Rotrex makes boost this valve wil open, so a bit of the pressure will be blowed off before the sensor. This means there is some "leakage" of Boost due to this valve in this system and the hose in front is also connected to the fuel pressure regulator. I want to compensate the fuelpress. compared to the boostpress. but am not sure this setup also effects the fuel pressure... So to be sure and to make it more easy I wanted to try tune the bike on TPS only so I dont need the IAP sensor anymore.
I know it is a common thing to do and TTS also does it this at their hayabusa Rotrex builds.
First I tried to disconnect the sensor and start it like nothing has changed, on idle the bike ran fine but with few procent throttle it didn't of course... I had to tune the TPS mapping also for part throttle now.
On map share (Woolich racing) I found a base map from TTS Performance of their Rotrex Hayabusa conversion.
I tried out this mapping and tested it today. Part throttle on TPS instead of IAP runs way better than I expected. I drove about 100km and collected some data and went up to about 8000rpm and the bike ran a bit to rich on fuel but a very good starting point for further tuning.
Big thanks to TTS Performance for sharing their data!
IMG-20230430-WA0007(1).jpg

Back