Rotrex Hayabusa build

Last week i finished the fixture plate and i measured the 2nd side of the cover starterclutch. The first side fitted perfect to the fixtureplate with the dowelpins in place for exact positioning.
20210224_203828.jpg

Fixture plate
20210220_103649.jpg

Measuring 2nd side
20210224_204207.jpg

20210224_210506.jpg

Next up will be milling the contour to make the plate to fit to the engine so i can check my messurement cause its hard to measure the crankshaft position back from the startercluth plate itself. And i can also double check the position of the gears between starter and starterclutch.
20210224_204922.jpg

Last week i finished the fixture plate and i measured the 2nd side of the cover starterclutch. The first side fitted perfect to the fixtureplate with the dowelpins in place for exact positioning.
View attachment 1632575
Fixture plate
View attachment 1632574
Measuring 2nd side
View attachment 1632577
View attachment 1632576
Next up will be milling the contour to make the plate to fit to the engine so i can check my messurement cause its hard to measure the crankshaft position back from the startercluth plate itself. And i can also double check the position of the gears between starter and starterclutch.
View attachment 1632569
Just curious but since your obviously so talented and able to make your own parts would you be able to relocate the sc to make a "stealth" version? I love the idea of a supercharged busa someday but I don't like that the fairing has to be cut. I think they look perfect on the b kings since it's already naked. I seen a video where tts was doing something with one but when I tried looking it up just to see what the cost would and just dream i couldn't find anymore info on it.

Hello to all!,

After riding my dads supercharged B-king a couple of times i also feel the need for more power.
Since I now have the opportunity to design and make most mill/turning parts myself i deciced to start my own rebuilt and would like to share it with you guys!
View attachment 1630880
My hayabusa besides dads Rotrex charged B-king.

View attachment 1630882Ordered a Rotrex C30-94 for the build and i will start with te design of a Billet plenum to fit Hayabusa and also B-king.
I hope you'll enjoy!

View attachment 1630881
@Boosted_MV and @vampire not to take the spotlight off the awesome busa build but what happened to the 4 can exhaust on the b king? I've read thru the 6 pages of the b king build and loved that exhaust but didn't see anything saying it was taken off or why so it just got my curiosity going.

Yes, my daily job is cnc-machinist and because i have the oppertunity to use the machines at work also for my own projects i like to design and make some parts myself.
quite a nice project for the guys to follow, seeing actual real machining really nice stuff might i add, ive got a 3d drawing program and designed some stuff for work, but not for cnc tooling, but now you have the program and design all you need to do now is get the stuff made in china and sell it to the US

@Boosted_MV and @vampire not to take the spotlight off the awesome busa build but what happened to the 4 can exhaust on the b king? I've read thru the 6 pages of the b king build and loved that exhaust but didn't see anything saying it was taken off or why so it just got my curiosity going.
On higher revs, above 5k, it ran well. But on the lower revs on the vacuum side of the fuel map i had some problems . Wideband air/ fuel reading were disturbed by the lower exhausts. Instead of blowing gas out, they sucked air in down to the collector caused by the upstream flow which affected afr readings. So i took them off and blocked off the connectors. The system as it is now is not that much restrictive .

Just curious but since your obviously so talented and able to make your own parts would you be able to relocate the sc to make a "stealth" version? I love the idea of a supercharged busa someday but I don't like that the fairing has to be cut. I think they look perfect on the b kings since it's already naked. I seen a video where tts was doing something with one but when I tried looking it up just to see what the cost would and just dream i couldn't find anymore info on it.
Yes, i also like it to be as "stealth" as possible on the busa but i think it will be hard to make it all fit behind the fairing because you have a belt running along the side of the bike. But this is the next step to figure out in this build. Im not quite sure yet to make 1 bracket to fit on the Bking aswell as the Busa or that i will make specific brackets for both bikes.

quite a nice project for the guys to follow, seeing actual real machining really nice stuff might i add, ive got a 3d drawing program and designed some stuff for work, but not for cnc tooling, but now you have the program and design all you need to do now is get the stuff made in china and sell it to the US

Thanks, first i want to finish a built, im doing this built for fun, and when its finished and proven and i should want to make more to sell i will aways prefer making my designed parts myself;)

There are of course different alloys of aluminium to choose from,
For casting you normally use a specific aluminium alloy series, which is normally less strong then the alloys you can choose to machine out of a billet block aluminium.
So that's why you can make a lighter design to get the same strength when you make a part out of billet.
When you machine a part you will need to remove all the material around the part so you will have more "waste" compared to casting.
Machining a part you can achieve better precision, that's why surfaces on a part who need lot of precision also get machined after casting.
But it really depends requirements of the part what method to choose.
There are blooms, slabs and billets, all made from ingots, which are cast.

On higher revs, above 5k, it ran well. But on the lower revs on the vacuum side of the fuel map i had some problems . Wideband air/ fuel reading were disturbed by the lower exhausts. Instead of blowing gas out, they sucked air in down to the collector caused by the upstream flow which affected afr readings. So i took them off and blocked off the connectors. The system as it is now is not that much restrictive .
After reading about u having to block them off when it was on the dyno I kind of figured something along those lines but was curious. It looks awesome now but the quad pipes put it in a while different level looks wise :thumbsup:.

Yes, i also like it to be as "stealth" as possible on the busa but i think it will be hard to make it all fit behind the fairing because you have a belt running along the side of the bike. But this is the next step to figure out in this build. Im not quite sure yet to make 1 bracket to fit on the Bking aswell as the Busa or that i will make specific brackets for both bikes.
They don't show much in the video and I'm sure you've seen it but the way they hid everything had me intrigued for sure.

Last month i made good progress, so lots of things i like to show! The measure plate fitted perfect
so i started the design of the rotrex bracket kit.
received_131339108811952.jpeg

The next picture is the final design of the bracket. In yellow there are bearings. In green the rotrex housing. In Black the tensioners, red there are dowell pins or there will be dowell pins fitted into for perfect aligment of the frontcover.

Frontview:
16186739405922816302623263004409.jpg

Back view:
1618674047015314818263693878237.jpg
Mounted:
16186740975924661112281944398994.jpg

As you can see it won't be a stealth kit, but i hope you guys like it?
Next week i will show the progress of machining the 1st part i finished today.
I started with the hardest part to make.. the bracket base:
16186744618855916198811181602250.jpg

1618674486000860429849924343097.jpg

Bracket base done! Very happy with the result. Below some steps of the machining process and the result.

IMG-20210410-WA0003.jpeg

2nd fixture done (1st fix is machine mounting holes into the stock for 2nd fix.)
20210417_121816.jpg

3rd fix done, product is mounted on a fixture plate also for perfect alignment between 2nd and 3rd fix..
20210418_203744.jpg

20210418_203829.jpg

20210418_203727.jpg

20210417_153307.jpg

20210417_153315.jpg

Perfect fit!

Back