Rotrex Hayabusa build

Boosted_MV

Registered
Hello to all!,

After riding my dads supercharged B-king a couple of times i also feel the need for more power.
Since I now have the opportunity to design and make most mill/turning parts myself i deciced to start my own rebuilt and would like to share it with you guys!
DSC_0409.JPG

My hayabusa besides dads Rotrex charged B-king.

?hash=71943400b9b235cfa0f4bfda2caf8e48.jpg
Ordered a Rotrex C30-94 for the build and i will start with te design of a Billet plenum to fit Hayabusa and also B-king.
I hope you'll enjoy!

20201227_111844_resized.jpg

For making the "billet"plenum we first made a foam model to check the fitment underneath the tank on the B-king and the Hayabusa.
For the blowoff valve we want to use a big 60mm valve. This is because my dad uses to have 2 small blow off valves on each side off his plenum but sometimes they don't open fast enough, and they are also quite small. These two things sometimes result in a blow off back through the charger intake and that's something you want to avoid according to Rotrex.
We made the valve also out off foam to check it could also fit underneath the tank.
We took the size of a 60mm Tial blowoff valve and made the design of the foam plenum so it fitted like we wanted to.
Now that we have a good foam model i started to work on the design and model of the plenum in 3D CAD.

20201227_111742_resized.jpg
20201227_111913_resized.jpg
20201227_111919_resized.jpg
130329206_143527283860514_1549876037027224155_n.jpg

Making good progress! after making a view different designs this will be the first prototype.
We decided to make the design so we don't have to weld anything directly to the billet plenum.
For this purpose the design is made in such a way that there are 3 loose flanges where a "inlet-tube" and "blowoff tube+valve" can be welded to.
So 2 of the 3 holes will be used and the other one will eventually be sealed with a flange without a hole.
The seal between the top and bottom part of the plenum as well as the flanges will be with an O-ring cord.
the middle hole will be inlet and left or right side for the blow off valve. which side depends on if i will be using a inter cooler or not, dads "mighty" B-king is using a inter cooler but i have not decided yet ive i'm going to use a intercooler or only water/methanol injection.
Next up making a CNC-programm and fire-up the milling machine!!

desing pic1.png
desing pic2.png
desing pic3.png
desing pic5.png
desing pic6 (2).png

Last edited:
Hello micheal, For the boost i plan to make i think 1x 50mm will do.
2x50mm seems a bit of overkill to me, and yes 60mm should maybe be possible, but i also want the valve to be fitted underneath the tank so it cant be much bigger.
Hi. I am not sure if I can fit 2 50mm ones but I know I can fit the 60mm. How much boost do plan on running? I am looking to run 42 lbs on VP Q16 and 58 lbs on VP M1. I will be using the RCC 1000 HP kit with some mods to it by DME.

There s absolutely no need to use more then a 50mm BOV. It s not depending on the boost level but the mass air flow.
There s absolutely no need to use more then a 50mm BOV. It s not depending on the boost level but the mass air flow.
Hi. You can never over blow off valve a turbo, but you can under size one. If you do it can cause a lot of damage. You can bend the throttle blades, the plenum, intercooler or the inter cooled plenum. That is why I plan to use twin 50s [ they look cool ] but they weight more. So maybe the single 60.

Its awsome seeing this come together! I had a turbo gen 1 and miss it dearly. I have beutiful gen 2 i am trying to figure out which way to go. 1441 has enough power all the time, nitrous runs out, supercharger sticks out the side, and turbos well i want another lol. I seen a stealth supercharger kit that was being worked on that went under the tank that required machining to block if i remember correctly. I dont think it went into production though. Cant wait to see more progress!

Hi. You can never over blow off valve a turbo, but you can under size one. If you do it can cause a lot of damage. You can bend the throttle blades, the plenum, intercooler or the inter cooled plenum. That is why I plan to use twin 50s [ they look cool ] but they weight more. So maybe the single 60.
Yes , i agree with you. But there s no need to go over 50mm with the application Boosted_MV is using.

I have a question sort of unrelated to your amazing design & build. Does CNC use a lot more material than casting and is there a strong advantage to billet over cast? Aesthetically billet is always my choice but was just wondering your thoughts. I have an acquaintance who is doing some big aluminum parts for a race car he is building.

I have a question sort of unrelated to your amazing design & build. Does CNC use a lot more material than casting and is there a strong advantage to billet over cast? Aesthetically billet is always my choice but was just wondering your thoughts. I have an acquaintance who is doing some big aluminum parts for a race car he is building.
There are of course different alloys of aluminium to choose from,
For casting you normally use a specific aluminium alloy series, which is normally less strong then the alloys you can choose to machine out of a billet block aluminium.
So that's why you can make a lighter design to get the same strength when you make a part out of billet.
When you machine a part you will need to remove all the material around the part so you will have more "waste" compared to casting.
Machining a part you can achieve better precision, that's why surfaces on a part who need lot of precision also get machined after casting.
But it really depends requirements of the part what method to choose.

Back