roomate hit my bike

DeRos

Registered
So a while back just before the riding season ended my roomate hit the upper fairing of my bike with his car door, breaking the upper right turn signal and putting a small crack in the upper nose fairing.

We got the turn signal fixed but the crack hasnt been fixed yet, can a crack be repaired or does the whole fairing need to be replaced, it's only a cosmetic crack slightly below the right turn signal.

W/ the car door? Dayum, what's he driving, a 67' Cadillac?

cad67b.jpg

yep I fixed AaronG (member on here) plastics when he went down and it was broke not just cracked go to an autoparts paint supply store get the flexible plastic part repair material

I'll go try and copy a few pics from his post

Did he ever gets his nose fixed?

You know, after you punched him and broke it?

laugh.gif

Did he have the frame painted black under the same ins. policy?

Why not the swing arm as well?

actually he just preped and painted the frame himself if you PM him he could tell you exactly what he used AaronG is his screename

my post following this incident would have been "roomate found..."

i'd definately use the same process to paint the swingarm too. looks out of place with the rest of the bike.

the paint looks real good  
beerchug.gif

Ya his nose got fixed, He doesnt remember it though he was drunk when i found out about the hit, He just woke up the next morning saying "why does my face hurt"
redcomprs2.gif

I'll get some pics this weekend and post them
smile.gif

Is your bike still factory colors, an Upper is probably only $250 shipped, "I got a guy" that will hook you up... Brand new all painted and stickered, just take yours off and put the new one, on, then sell it on ebay for a couple of bucks, if the break aint to bad, or keep it for next time he hits it...
lurk.gif

I paid $700 for a tail, upper, and fairing stay for my 06LE brand new from Ed... I think uppers are 250 tyd..... Let me know your zip, year and colors, Ill get ya a price..
I could see fixing it if you broke the upper, a side, and scuffed the tail but just an upper-- thats kid stuff, it will cost you more in time aggrivation stickers and paint to fix it than to get a new one...
GOOD LUCK< let me know...

(HayaBoosta03 @ Mar. 16 2007,18:flamethrowing:) Anyone has a tutorial for painting the Frame? I want to do it
for painting aluminum they sell a aluminum prep liquid to clean aluminum, But Aaron just scuffed his up a little and painted it and its stayin on real well someone on this site told him what kind of paint to use. he is going to look and get the name of it tonight and let me know then he or I will post it up either way I'll pm ya and let ya know

Back