Now for the Bad News

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, while it was a relief to sell the Volusia today that didn't help me overcome the damage to Baby J yesterday! I was putting a set of Tower LEDs in the front signals and needed to remove the nose fairing since my hands are too big to get in through the inners. Started by removing the left mirror and as I was doing that the mount just cracked. So I am a little perturbed, but think I can recover and start to remove the right mirror. Same thing happens to me as the mount cracked on that side. I finally got the nose fairing off and the yellow high beam bulb fell out and cracked and I pulled the right turn signal loose. Anyway, was frustrated all day but am ordering a new nose fairing and getting a new yellow bulb from Icemann. I haven't taken pics of the damage yet, but I guess I will have an extra nose fairing in need of repair if anyone is interested. Maybe the rest of the week will be better. Sorry for the long post, but it is a little depressing!

wow.gif

Thanks, fellas. She'll be fixed up good as new, but I've already gone through a bunch with her and I thought I had scaled that mountain.

Dang that's messed up Bro' ... hopefully that is it forever. You've a bike's lifetime of challenges getting Baby J like you want her. You don't deserve any more mishaps ... ever!!

Thanks, DJ! I wish I knew what caused it so it doesn't happen again.

It's all good, arey! She'll look better than before in no time!

wow. that sucks.....

I've pulled and pushed harder on that area of my last busa really hard since nothing really matched up after the wreck..... and never had the plastic crack. wonder if the composite is different in the later models?

I wish I knew, cache. Not something I ever expected to have happen.

Back