Removing nose piece

Yes, but there's only a few bolts left holding the fairings on when you do it this way. You don't have to remove the nose to install HIDs.

I did it with the nose still installed. I'm not convinced it made it easier.

If you remove the guages and trim and the plastic splashguard under the nose it's as simple as changing bulbs. The ballasts are easy to mount on the right(right when sitting on bike)ram air tube with room to run the wires.

I removed everything when I installed my HIDs; it's not that difficult but a bit time-consuming...

I removed the nose and it wasn't difficult at all. And it made the install of the hid very easy.
Posted via Mobile Device

it's always better to take a couple more parts out of the way. the install usually goes better, and you break fewer parts.

If you remove the guages and trim and the plastic splashguard under the nose it's as simple as changing bulbs. The ballasts are easy to mount on the right(right when sitting on bike)ram air tube with room to run the wires.

Exactly how I did mine. Pretty simple.:thumbsup:

I took my nose all the way off. Only problem you will have is lining the side fairings back up with the nose piece. Just take a little more time.

do the new hid bulbs just plug right into where the old bulbs went?

Yes, or at least my kit did. Mine was plug and play more or less. Mounted the ballasts on the right side intake tub, routed the wires and replaced the stock bulbs with the new hid ones. Hooked them up and ready to go. I did have to adjust my low beam light down a bit as the hid is much brighter and was blinding everyone at night. I'm sure the stocker was a bit high from the factory as well but, I never really cared.

A visual aid...

HPIM0530.jpg

HPIM0531.jpg

PB100158.jpg

By control panel do you mean the dash/instruments? If so then just remove the plastic around it. Be careful with the tabs and such. There is an allen bolt on the bottem center of the plastic trim piece that covers the underside on the dash.It is hard to see and is down by the triple tree. There are a few other plastic tabs/pushpins and screws that are hidden behind some of the plastic trim pieces. The dash has two bolts that hold on either side and a single wire harness plug in the back that has to be undone to remove it. see pic...

HPIM0526.jpg

Back