Rookie Busa Question

gaspers04

Registered
What years are "unrestricted", is it 99-01/02? (top speed limiter)
And what are the benefits of 4/2/1 full systems over the stock duels?

1999 and 2000 are unrestricted. But you can buy a de-restrictor for any bike from Boost by Smith...about $20-25. Plugs in. I have my 2005 de-restricted.

Benefits of Yosh 4-2-1 is that they save a lot of weight (25-30 lbs) and allows the bike to breathe much better. You will likely see a 8-12 hp gain and benefit of lighter bike. By the way, :welcome:

Benefits of Yosh 4-2-1 is that they save a lot of weight (25-30 lbs) and allows the bike to breathe much better. You will likely see a 8-12 hp gain and benefit of lighter bike. By the way, :welcome:

8 -12 is a bit optimisitic for a Yoshimura. Expect about 6 hp gain. If you want 12, you need to go with brocks. The weight loss on the Yoshi over stock is about 3o-35 pounds.

On a Gen1...the weight savings is less than 20 lbs...closer to 15 for the Yoshimura :whistle:

:welcome: like stated...'99-'00 factory unrestricted and if you wanna go faster, opt for the blue & silver combo offered in '00:thumbsup:

On a Gen1...the weight savings is less than 20 lbs...closer to 15 for the Yoshimura :whistle:

8 -12 is a bit optimisitic for a Yoshimura. Expect about 6 hp gain. If you want 12, you need to go with brocks. The weight loss on the Yoshi over stock is about 3o-35 pounds.

I have Yosh RS3 full system. My bike lost 16.5 pounds and went from 151 to 158 in the hp arena.

Everyone here has been so helpful, thanks. Any thoughts about this system?

Tsukigi Racing Spec II Race System

Back