New 2010 Busa question

fergo

Registered
Hi guys,

got myself a 2010 Hayabusa (black, turds did not send blue ones to Australia), love the bike, just one question.

Everywhere i read says it will wheelstand easy as, my brother who has a GEN 1, says his bike will wheelstand at pretty much what ever speed he wants.

Mine,i have had the wheel power stand up in first, maybe second if i really give it everything it has and only at lower speeds (under 80kmph).

What am i doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't know, be careful, but try this. 1st and 2nd, you can ride along at whatever speed, tach it up to 6 or 8 grand, let off, let your rpms drop down to 4 or 5, then snap the gas. It'll come up:laugh: if it doesn't, your not holdin your mouth right.
Try clutchin it up too, you can get a little wheelie easy and ride it out. Either way, ride em low and long, after you get the feel, you can raise the front on up.

sorry, your bro is off his rocker.. it's a powerful bike, but you're not going to be wheelieing in 4th gear +, and maybe not in 3rd.

Hi guys,

got myself a 2010 Hayabusa (black, bastards did not send blue ones to Australia), love the bike, just one question.

Everywhere i read says it will wheelstand easy as, my brother who has a GEN 1, says his bike will wheelstand at pretty much what ever speed he wants.

Mine,i have had the wheel power stand up in first, maybe second if i really give it everything it has and only at lower speeds (under 80kmph).

What am i doing wrong?

:welcome: and congrats on your new ride.

Just enjoy the bike and be happy you have a 2010 parked in your garage. Don't be to concerned about whether or not you can get the front wheel up or not.

How about some pics!? :rulez:

thanks guys, i will be careful only do it when im all alone on straight roads and little by little, not planning on killing myself or anyone else.

A pic for ya of the busa and my mates crazy Ute

P1020728.jpg

are the busa detuned for your country?

i know they detune some bikes for some countrys you may want to look into that !

other wise it should come up in 1st for sure and be cairful, and 2nd with no problem

i like to keep my wheels on the ground but hey thats just me !

thanks guys, i will be careful only do it when im all alone on straight roads and little by little, not planning on killing myself or anyone else.

A pic for ya of the busa and my mates crazy Ute

No one plans it... Congrats on your beautiful ride an if you want to keep it that way I'd take it real slow on the stunting an keep in mind even the best stunters trash it... depending on your insurance an financial situation may want to ease in to that extreme riding stuff. :whistle:

I have no idea why people buy a bike like the Hayabusa to go wheelie on........

If you wanted to do that, buy one of the super sport bikes like a gsxr 750 - 1000 , they are lighter and more attuned for that craziness.

All this talk about needin a lighter bike to wheelie is nonsense. If you CAN ride wheelies, you can do em on just about anything. A Hayabusa will ride em just as good as any 600, 750, or 1000. And if you think it can't, then you can't wheelie as good as you think you can.:laugh: I'm not tryin to step on toes or hurt feelings, but I get so tired of hearing Busa's can't wheelie. They don't ride good in curves either..right?:laugh:
Start slow like you said, and you'll progress. Don't belive the hype. It's about 100lbs heavier than a 1000, yes, uh, but it's got 340cc to account for that.
It WILL do whatever you want it to, assuming you're able. You'll love it, wheelies and all.
NUFF SAID!!!

thanks for the responce guys,

in responce to one specific question Expat1970, i did not buy a Busa to wheelie on, but i would be lieing if i said i did not find an occassion or two where i would like to, wheelieing is simply one part of riding. Bikes are not 100% practicle so why buy them at all, for that amazing feeling you get when riding one. There is nothing else like it. One day many years ago i thought to myself i would never ride a road bike, could not see the point. Now i cannot live without one, and am actually thinking of selling my car as i simply no longer use it.

FERGO You bloody legend. Where are you? Eastern seaboard? More Aussie Busa owners!! As for wheelying, it should be easy as bro. The first time mine scared the poo out of me when it did one all on its own on a busy street in five dock. You can get impounded for that in NSW man....

And who was that who asked if they neuter busas coming into australia! How dare you!:poke:

And who was that who asked if they neuter busas coming into australia! How dare you!:poke:

I believe I have read that the Hayabusa has been detuned in Europe. I cannot recall exactly, but I believe it was limited to 100HP or something like that.

I believe I have read that the Hayabusa has been detuned in Europe. I cannot recall exactly, but I believe it was limited to 100HP or something like that.
Not all of Europe gets their bikes detuned, I believe France is one of the few that still has the 100BHP restriction in place, Here in the UK we still get and always have had the full fat BHP bikes.

Back