Site Help For A Rookie Busa Owner

FstEnf

Registered
Hey all. Just purchased an '05 Black/Silver about 6 weeks ago. Only have about 2k miles on it due to the cold weather here in Louisville the last couple of weeks. I have a question about cooling system or lack of affectiveness in idle condition traffic.
Am I just missing the "Search" button on the site? This is the first board that I have ever used or joined. Just wanted to ask before I started a new topic. Thanks

....Welcome to the maddness... and congrats....
beerchug.gif

what browser are you using??

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: "just cause...."|1130903224 -->

I'm using XP. I was fumbling around in the last few minutes and I came acrossed a search page but now I can't get back.

yah...I need to get that set up on my profile. It looks like I need to take the fairings off and "burp" the radiator, and maybe that muzzy fan. Even in 50 degree weather the thing struggles to cool. On one nice day about 80 it sent it to edge of red. Kinda freaked me out. Never had a bike do that from just getting off the express way @ 75mph. From what little I've seen this site has a lot of info on it. Thanks

Posted in your other thread, but have you taken the bike in for service?

yah...I need to get that set up on my profile. It looks like I need to take the fairings off and "burp" the radiator, and maybe that muzzy fan. Even in 50 degree weather the thing struggles to cool. On one nice day about 80 it sent it to edge of red. Kinda freaked me out. Never had a bike do that from just getting off the express way @ 75mph. From what little I've seen this site has a lot of info on it. Thanks
Theres definitely something wrong then,might not be a bad idea to do the burping thing as you suggested,an air bubble will do exactly that,check the level of coolant as well.Even in 100+ degree heat here in the desert, mine never goes over just over half even in traffic.NJ.

Back