New 2010 Busa question

owens only has 35hp :whistle:

to the OP, more pics!! Not sure if you are aware but the mainland of the USA has not gotten ANY 2010s, so we are pic hungry on them!! This is the first black on the board to my knowledge, some guy in Hawaii was lucky to get a white one.

But :welcome:

i guess i'm the lucky one in hawaii, and my buddy got the black one a few weeks after me... yet there are only a handfull of apperances of the 10's here because we work long hours on the same base...:laugh:

board 3.JPG

yup on the eastern seaboard, Brisbane in fact.

Borther came all the way from melbourne to go for a ride with me, had a blast, tell you what the Gen2, eats his Gen1, think he is after one now.

i will post some more pics soon (read soon as i get my slack ass in gear).

Fergo grab hold of that thing and ride it like you stole .
Shift 1st to 2nd hard at redline.
If your not putting your weight over tank and still just sitting in reg position it will glide up.
My favorite kind of wheelie .
Sure you can clutch it and jerk it but shifted power wheelies are what I like .
Third gear you prolly have to work hard at it .

If you did not grow up riding wheelies on your 80cc dirtbike I would suggest keeping it down .
It's a hair thin line between oh **** and putting the wheel back safely on the ground .
Without tenured feel and and your foot covering the brake it can go over real quick .

Ever seen a street bike go straight back over ?
OMG what a horrible sound and result .
A heavy busa going back over on itself would be nasty .

Buy or borrow a dirtbike and learn wheelies and balance on that first

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the bike and no they are not detuned for Australia - I have have a 010 Busa and dont find it an effort at all; its all about the rider - and yes you can wheelie in 4th gear just like any bike really (once you have it up just flick through the gears) - if you know how to wheelie. As Blaca above: I would suggest to practice on a dirt bike first if you can or otherwise just have to do it trial and error - the balance point is a lot further up than you think and it takes a while to learn to feel where any bike is getting there.

Last edited:
Back