New 03 Busa bought - advice for brakes

GeorgeM

Registered
Hi guys
I have just bought an 03 Hayabusa all black, after many years wanting one :)
After having an R1 2010 and a Ducati 1098, I found the brakes on the 03 Busa very soft and went and got new brake pads and HELL lines and cleaned the calipers but still the feel of the brake is not good.
I am therefore thinking of upgrading to 4 piston callipers rather that the 6 ones that the 03 has.
So I would appreciate any advice on what to get please.
Will the Gen 2 Hayabusa callipers fit straight in the Gen 1, and is this worth doing?
Also, does anyone have a clue about price?
Many thanks in advance
George

Hi George,try some ebc double h sintered pads,they should work pretty good,my gen 1 busa stops better than a gen2 busa which I had last year,they were quite poor really and the gen 2 busa is 10kgs heavier,maybe the latest gen2 with brembos will be ok.

Gen 2 have radial mounted calipers. So no. Anything can be retrofitted with enough money.

I can't link in this forum runner but search brake rant and there is a good writeup about the different approaches.

You might look into the radial mounted master cylinder. Those seem popular.

Idk both my gen 1 & 2 have gaffer rotors, pads, and ss lines, the gen 1 stops ehh ok at best, but the gen 2 stops on a dime... Maybe its due to the heavy wheels on my 02 not sure... I would look into rotors

Hi George,try some ebc double h sintered pads,they should work pretty good,my gen 1 busa stops better than a gen2 busa which I had last year,they were quite poor really and the gen 2 busa is 10kgs heavier,maybe the latest gen2 with brembos will be ok.

Better pads with the Hel Lines should make a big difference. It did on my 07 Busa.

Back