Rookie Busa Owner

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the fastest color purchase.
tounge.gif
 Just added a puig screen to mine and in two words, "love it".
Hope you can figure out the cooling problem soon. The gurus here are a great source for all things Busa.

Ride Safe.

Welcome aboard. You might flush/burp your coolant. It could be as simple as air bubbles in the lines......

have the dealer check your thermostate.i bought a 05 and the thermostate was sticking from sitting in the crate.just an idea. also, your temperature will rise a liitle sitting still because theres no air circulating. but it shouldn't go that close to the red.hope this helps,welcome
race.gif

Hey everyone....As it just so happens I took it to work this morning and coming home in 5 o'clock traffic we all came to a grinding halt. It was creep and go for about 10 minutes and the guage hung out at center line. The fan cycled on and kept it in check. I feel a lot better. I guess like someone said it may have just been some bubbles in the line from "new bike" status. Thanks for everyones concern and encouragment.

Nice ride! My '05 LE had the same issue the first day ... in traffic, went almost into the red before the fan kicked on ... freaked me out! (Manual says if the red light comes on too, turn it off.) After that episode, when it hits a tick over half-way, fan kicks on and keeps it there. Makes me think "busa crazy" is right about it sticking from sitting. I still avoid traffic like the plague!

Sled's been riding great. I got the Puig DB on it the other day and love it. I stretched it out the other day to 155 and was amazed at how effortlessly it did it. 'Ville riding is not bad at all....if you like country roads. There is a fairly large group of riders who drag, and race in traffic but, I don't have a death wish or a huge want to attract police. Nice country roads thru bluffs, along the river, and thru horse farms going towards Lexington. BTW, I grew up in Perryville MO. my sister and most of my friends from there now live in STL. They're all pi$$ed at me because I haven't had a chance to visit anyone this year...maybe next year. Darn cops on that Page Extension about nailed me in my truck last time I was thru there. Has anyone seen or, got any insight into the Huge Industries fender eliminator. Looks like a good discreet way to get rid of the mud flap but, internet pictures can be deceiving.

Back