Rookie Busa Owner

FstEnf

Registered
Here is a rookie Busa owner and been loving the last 2k miles on it.  Just working on a idle cooling problem, but that aside.  Here is a pic of the new ride, takes the place of a child ;-)
Special thanks to 04busaVA he helped me get started tonight on the site.  Excellent Site !!!

DSC00139.JPG

Nice pic and welcome! Wow. I never realized how ugly those reflectors really are. I'd better go and take mine off......
j/k!

I feel the hate on the reflectors...the pic was on day 1. I took them off on day 2. I'm going to order a Puig DB for it over the winter and maybe an undertail to clean up the rear.

Congrats and welcome. What's the idle cooling problem?

Wow I can't believe the responses..this is great. The idle cooling thing...I won't know for sure till the temp goes back up here...but I had an 80 degree day the first week I bought it and the temp soared to the red mark before I could get moving again. It's been in the 50-60 the rest so I don't know how it will react. I have taken it on a 700 mile round tripper already so I hope that worked everything out on it. The lid is an 04 KBC Fazer. Didn't have the bike when I bought the helmet..wild how that worked out, in fact it didn't match the other bike either (as a backup helmet).

One more quick note..I've had the 600 mile service done at the end of the first week of ownership. It hasn't got warm enough to really test it. I may start it tomorrow and let it idle in the garage, point the exhaust outside and, stay beside it to see watch the temp and see what happens.

Welcome-- glad you are enjoying the Beast.
On the idle cooling subject---when i sit at a light---temp alway's goes up--and just berfore it might boil over the fan comes and keeps the temp in check.

Welcome aboard. Im glad we can lane share here in CA, no over temp sitting with the cagers in traffic
wink.gif

Back