Roethlisberger almost died

Damn he's dumb... I mean Pro-Athlete, been hitting the weights too much dumb. Doesn't understand WHY he was close to dying, or maybe the news just gets it wrong.

Amazing what being a Multimillionaire does for reconstructing a face huh?

Well that and being in prime physical condition. A typical weekend warrior 40 something Busa rider would have been DOA...

Still, He's a poster child and was allmost a statistic because of Ego, Fashion, etc...

Read that on msn.com this morning and thought the same thing to myself, WTF, forgot his helmet...
That's kind of like forgetting to suit up for a game. It just doesn't happen. Sorry Ben, tell that cr@p to someone who might believe it...

i just hope he doesn't forget his pants next time lol

...edited by BiG-T...

Damn he's dumb...  I mean Pro-Athlete, been hitting the weights too much dumb.
7_5_139.gif

Think the media got that one wrong. I remember one of his first comments about it was him saying that he didn't like wearing his helmet. Didn't say he forgot it

I think we should all come to understand the fact that not everyone considers motorcycle riding to be a dangerous activity. In India I rode for nearly a decade without ANY protective gear whatsoever...sometimes wearing sandals. I did have a helmet but it was too damn hot and murky to wear it. I fell down once and thats it...I had NO front brakes during this entire time.

Traffic in India is CRAZY...you ride expecting EVERYTHING to go wrong at the same time because it does go wrong ALL the time. But you never crash...

If you learn to ride in India - you can ride anywhere and those skills will stand you in good stead. USA is too "orderly" to convince people to look around and be careful...I mean...what could go wrong!?!?
smile.gif

Two different realities...two different results.

Nowadays I wear gear all the time...even in India. People look at me like I dropped down from space but I relish the attention
cool.gif
Somehow...having gear on gives me a greater sense of security when I go quickly through the traffic, wildlife and population...coupled with bad roads and absolutely no traffic management.

He has commented that he doesn't wear a helmet, because it's not required by law. He also has been quoted as saying "The only reason I wear a football helmet, is so they'll let me play football", or something to that effect. I remember seeing a report right after the crash about that, but that could be bad press as well.

He has commented that he doesn't wear a helmet, because it's not required by law.  He also has been quoted as saying "The only reason I wear a football helmet, is so they'll let me play football", or something to that effect.  I remember seeing a report right after the crash about that, but that could be bad press as well.
That's funny because I thought the article said he was cited for not wearing a helmet, as in it is mandatory...

He has commented that he doesn't wear a helmet, because it's not required by law.  He also has been quoted as saying "The only reason I wear a football helmet, is so they'll let me play football", or something to that effect.  I remember seeing a report right after the crash about that, but that could be bad press as well.
That's funny because I thought the article said he was cited for not wearing a helmet, as in it is mandatory...
He was cited for not wearing a helmet because this is his first year riding a motorcycle. A novice rider is required by law to wear a helmet for the first year and thereafter it is not (this is applicable in Penn and Ohio, maybe other states).

If I remember correctly did he not have his mc endorsement also?

Back