Roethlisberger injured!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
BREAKING NEWS...

Roethlisberger injured in accident

Monday, June 12, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident this morning on Second Avenue near the 10th Street bridge, police said.
The accident happened shortly before 11:25 a.m. He was not wearing a helmet. Police have closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.

INTERVIEW MAY 6TH, 2006 ABOUT WHY HE DOESN'T WEAR A HELMET...

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150128987 -->

I thought he was smarter than that! Can't get the breaking news link to come up. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Gonna have to have another talk with him...
mad.gif

I think the server for the news link has been overwhelmed.... The info posted was from the site! But, there could be an update.

ESPN said (via a witness of the accident) his head was bleeding and he's at the hospital but the injuries are non-life-threatening.

I just learned PA modified their helmet law a couple of years ago....interesting. 21 and older w/ 2 years of experience and MSF....

Great athlete, but pretty stupid. His whole rationale for not wearing a helmet boils down to "I'm really careful." He must have some uncanny ability to control everything + everybody else on the road...

There is a live video feed on one of the links... they say he is in serious but stable condition and in surgery... bounced off the windshield...
wow.gif

Great athlete, but pretty stupid.  His whole rationale for not wearing a helmet boils down to "I'm really careful."  He must have some uncanny ability to control everything + everybody else on the road...
I'm surprised given the fact that he has to wear one while playing football and knows the consequences of being injured on the field...

One more reason I'm glad VA has the law in place or else my hubby would be saying the exact same thing...
mad.gif

Great athlete, but pretty stupid.  His whole rationale for not wearing a helmet boils down to "I'm really careful."  He must have some uncanny ability to control everything + everybody else on the road...
I'm surprised given the fact that he has to wear one while playing football and knows the consequences of being injured on the field...

One more reason I'm glad VA has the law in place or else my hubby would be saying the exact same thing...
mad.gif
He used the law as the reason why he didn't. He said the NFL required him to wear a helmet for football, but PA didn't for riding motorcycles. If they thought it was necessary they wouldn't have revoked the law.

Is that stupid or what?

PA amended the law to permit drivers (but not passengers) with 2 years' experience to ride without a helmet. From the photos, looks like he was on a Hayabusa (look for the handrail mod).

Roths2.JPG

Damn, it was a Busa too?! I know I'll get blasted for this, but who rides a Busa without a helmet?! Don't answer; I know plenty do...

I hope he'll be okay and maybe learned a lesson...I'm with BigBS up there...stupid excuse...
sad.gif

Back