ROADTOAD's new ride

Let us know real world impression how the 14 progresses but just remember it is not your primped & prodded world class BUSSA!!!!! So maybe compare with a moderately moded Bird not the track ready killer you created.
Okay Nastee , I'm hearing you bro , first I am just putting a few ti and aluminum fasteners from my collection on it to tidy it up , then I will try and fit a shocker to it , I will let you know how that goes .
First impressions are that the bikes paintwork is good , thought the black glass sparkle is not the same deep luster as the Busa . I have removed the risers , I do not like the feel of them . The seat and peg ride position is more roomy and nice (6'4") , not like the stock Busa , that felt like my leg was really bent more excessively , and sort of locked in on the rubber pegs . The 14 really feels like a bigger bike though , but reality is it is only marginally so .
The overall finish of the bike is good , but matched by the Busa . Kawasaki do at least use conventional triple clamp setup which I like better , and the controls switch gear is straight forward on both machines .
I will now be dialing in the forks as best I can , remembering this fork will only be suitable for street riding , as the bike is anyway .

...... The seat and peg ride position is more roomy and nice (6'4") , not like the stock Busa , that felt like my leg was really bent more excessively , and sort of locked in on the rubber pegs . The 14 really feels like a bigger bike though......
Agreed. I've got a little over 20k miles on mine, still liking it. Enjoy.....

Those have to be
one of the biggest
set of exhaust cans
on any bike . . .

:shocked:

Andrews ZX14R Kawasuki thread ~ might need a major lift *

#Cans ~ #ExhaustCans ~ #Implants ~ #NotRegularCans ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Andrews ZX14R Kawasuki thread ~ might need a major lift *

#Cans ~ #ExhaustCans ~ #Implants ~ #NotRegularCans ~ #THEoRg *

wonder if they let her sit in the emergency exit isle?

Mother Jugs and speed , that's the ZX14 cans , and that lady :) !!!

Alright , here is another bit of impression , the bike is now setup better , for my weight thanks to Dave Moss guidance :bowdown: ( excellent 3 part youtube on it ) , it is wearing Pirelli Corsas 190/55 rear (already on the bike) , and not only is the bike soooooo comfortable around town , it is much sharper than the Busa !! It is a joy to punt around the city and suburbs , because it turns better in slower tighter turns than the BUSA !!!!:shocked::thumbsup:
Now , before you all freak , I am talking stock , and remember because of my height and weight , I am better suited to the ZX14 straight up .
Now , I am going for a ride tomorrow on one of my favorite roads , so I will post up that little test tomorrow .
I got a TTX Ohlins to fit up , but that will wait for now , I will see how it oes standard for awhile .

I do not know what I did wrong , but I am missing one of the links to Dave Moss 3 part video ZX14R . , might be because its a Busa site !!

Last edited:
Mother Jugs and speed , that's the ZX14 cans , and that lady :) !!!

Alright , here is another bit of impression , the bike is now setup better , for my weight thanks to Dave Moss guidance :bowdown: ( excellent 3 part youtube on it ) , it is wearing Pirelli Corsas 190/55 rear (already on the bike) , and not only is the bike soooooo comfortable around town , it is much sharper than the Busa !! It is a joy to punt around the city and suburbs , because it turns better in slower tighter turns than the BUSA !!!!:shocked::thumbsup:
Now , before you all freak , I am talking stock , and remember because of my height and weight , I am better suited to the ZX14 straight up .
Now , I am going for a ride tomorrow on one of my favorite roads , so I will post up that little test tomorrow .
I got a TTX Ohlins to fit up , but that will wait for now , I will see how it oes standard for awhile .

I do not know what I did wrong , but I am missing one of the links to Dave Moss 3 part video ZX14R . , might be because its a Busa site !!
here it is . . .

The end must be near Toad on a Cow, people telling of

the virtues of said bike . Suzuki must be going back to building looms. :banghead:

Suzuki has sat on their arses for so long it is inevitable they would fall behind, I have always been a fan of Suzuki and that won't waver but they are asleep at the wheel when it comes to product development.

The Gixxer 1000 and GSX S/F line is their focus right now I believe.

The end must be near Toad on a Cow, people telling of

the virtues of said bike . Suzuki must be going back to building looms. :banghead:
Busa Bob , the Kawasaki sure is potent , and is proving to be a more worthy rival to the Busa than I had ever thought , and yes , also going to be fun to mod . But I ain't leaving my L2 , I got things in store for my beloved Busa .
Chin up all , I'm sure the Gen 3 is close to save the day .
Me , well I just want to enjoy what I like and can afford now , never have and never going to be tied to just one make of motorcycle .

Okay Nastee , I'm hearing you bro , first I am just putting a few ti and aluminum fasteners from my collection on it to tidy it up , then I will try and fit a shocker to it , I will let you know how that goes .
First impressions are that the bikes paintwork is good , thought the black glass sparkle is not the same deep luster as the Busa . I have removed the risers , I do not like the feel of them . The seat and peg ride position is more roomy and nice (6'4") , not like the stock Busa , that felt like my leg was really bent more excessively , and sort of locked in on the rubber pegs . The 14 really feels like a bigger bike though , but reality is it is only marginally so .
The overall finish of the bike is good , but matched by the Busa . Kawasaki do at least use conventional triple clamp setup which I like better , and the controls switch gear is straight forward on both machines .
I will now be dialing in the forks as best I can , remembering this fork will only be suitable for street riding , as the bike is anyway .
The leg room position is a very big deal with all the 6 million dollar man up grades you have had to have done in the past.

Suzuki has sat on their arses for so long it is inevitable they would fall behind, I have always been a fan of Suzuki and that won't waver but they are asleep at the wheel when it comes to product development.

The Gixxer 1000 and GSX S/F line is their focus right now I believe.
Remember this is the same company that did not change the GSX-R 1000 for how long? A decade possibly and refused to come out with a new year model one year due to low sales CEO decreed a new one would be available only when the last year models were sold and that is what happened.

Busa Bob , the Kawasaki sure is potent , and is proving to be a more worthy rival to the Busa than I had ever thought , and yes , also going to be fun to mod . But I ain't leaving my L2 , I got things in store for my beloved Busa .
Chin up all , I'm sure the Gen 3 is close to save the day .
Me , well I just want to enjoy what I like and can afford now , never have and never going to be tied to just one make of motorcycle .
Toad you do realize the bikes are going to be lined up 4 deep in the living room if they do come out with the Gen 3 next year. Oh my I have dreams like that once in a while & my biggest problem is which bike to select to ride that day.

Toad you do realize the bikes are going to be lined up 4 deep in the living room if they do come out with the Gen 3 next year. Oh my I have dreams like that once in a while & my biggest problem is which bike to select to ride that day.
Ha! Some of us 'mere mortals' can only really afford to run one hyper sports bike at a time . . hey, sometimes I'm just lucky to have one at all :firing:

Back