ROADTOAD's new ride

ROADTOAD1340

Donating Member
Registered
Well , bought myself another bike to mess with , and I really wanted something a little different , before I jump back into continuing my L2's next evolution , and at least one more other Busa . So I scored a 2013 ZX14R , only done under 4800 km , and is unmolested !! It is my first Kawasaki , and since the ZX14 and the Busa is the only Hyper bikes made by anyone , I feel I got a couple of historically special motorcycles !! I will be looking at swapping out a few things ... like a full exhaust and pc5 pretty soon..... man those mufflers are huge !! Thinking maybe Brock or Akrapovic for this beast .
The bike feels like it is going to be a good base to build from , and now I realize how razor sharp my L2 actually is , but that is what you would expect with the L2 upgrades .
I am going to see if I can dial in the suspension a bit , but it won't be able to be set correctly , till I get it all attended to . I plan on riding it around for awhile , see what I think will be best suited mod path for my needs .

Well , bought myself another bike to mess with , and I really wanted something a little different , before I jump back into continuing my L2's next evolution , and at least one more other Busa . So I scored a 2013 ZX14R , only done under 4800 km , and is unmolested !! It is my first Kawasaki , and since the ZX14 and the Busa is the only Hyper bikes made by anyone , I feel I got a couple of historically special motorcycles !! I will be looking at swapping out a few things ... like a full exhaust and pc5 pretty soon..... man those mufflers are huge !! Thinking maybe Brock or Akrapovic for this beast .
The bike feels like it is going to be a good base to build from , and now I realize how razor sharp my L2 actually is , but that is what you would expect with the L2 upgrades .
I am going to see if I can dial in the suspension a bit , but it won't be able to be set correctly , till I get it all attended to . I plan on riding it around for awhile , see what I think will be best suited mod path for my needs . View attachment 1603962

View attachment 1603963

View attachment 1603965
Congrats! I had an 18. Aside from a Busa I would have a ZX14 or H2.

HEY!!! you been inspired by my experience riding that big K at my shop?
Very nice Toad, but a mere whimsical flight of fancy and will never be a serious contender for the Crown of ' Ultra sharp, ultra light, most enhanced hyper sports bike.'
Gotta ask, did your boy stroll over and take a slash on the wheel when you arrived home on it??
Did Ma yell out . . "Andrew!!! you can take that hideous great beast of a thing straight back to where you got it from ! " ??
I'm guessing new Akra is already ordered, paid for, and on it's way. . . . . :rolleyes:

Yes bro , I know it wont be the sharpest handler , but it may end up being a nice point and shoot bike , it also might end up being pretty quick as well .
Dogboy went with me to view it , and he didn't look impressed when I left him in the car and took a test ride !! Old Ma was happy that it parked up okay !!

Yes bro , I know it wont be the sharpest handler , but it may end up being a nice point and shoot bike , it also might end up being pretty quick as well .
Dogboy went with me to view it , and he didn't look impressed when I left him in the car and took a test ride !! Old Ma was happy that it parked up okay !!View attachment 1603966
Phew! Thank goodness it all worked out ok!
I notice L2 is turning it’s back on the Johnny come lately new kid in town lmao

Now you own the competition....I'd imagine under your skills and knowledge, this bike will dance.

If I were to own a bike other than my Hayabusa it would be this bike.

Congrats @ROADTOAD1340! Is funny you post about this, since I’ve been looking at zx14s locally and watching videos for the last 2 weeks! I test rode one a few years back and liked it, but ended up with concours14, because I was hesitant to own to similar motorcycles (busa and 14) and wanted to change it up a bit.

Nice bike Andrew. I think you will find it's everything the Busa was when stock, and more. The power is impressive, the chassis smooth, the brakes superior and the electronic aids useful. I look forward to reading your thoughts about the comparison.

I’m waiting to buy the exact same thing. Cmon. Give us some of a review. Fast as hell? Comfortable? Anything.

You Tube has many reviews of the ZX14, some of them are actually decent and not all are done by Kawi "fanboy."

I did a fair bit of research before I bought my current bike and from everything I read and learned from riders who owned them is they are fast, comfortable, fairly vibration free and brake well.

I learned their maintenance is a bit more complicated (valve adjustments mostly), and they don't quite handle as good as a stock Busa.

The difference between the two bikes stock for stock is pretty even but the ZX has more power due to it's increased engine size.

I’m waiting to buy the exact same thing. Cmon. Give us some of a review. Fast as hell? Comfortable? Anything.
I will give you my thoughts on it don't worry bro , but I'll get some miles on it first . We got winter over hear , so I will have to pick and choose ride days a bit , but I am hanging already to take it for a good ride . I will tell you straight up , it is more comfortable than the Busa was stock , plus you might not be able to tell from pics , but the 14 is wearing risers , and that may also help .

Nice bike Andrew. I think you will find it's everything the Busa was when stock, and more. The power is impressive, the chassis smooth, the brakes superior and the electronic aids useful. I look forward to reading your thoughts about the comparison.
Yes , I was fiddling around with the electronic aids this afternoon after the clean , and great that you can turn of the Ktrac and power modes . This also turns off the abs , and you can run full power mode . Each time you stop the engine , you have to reset it to off again , otherwise it start back on 1 which is sport mode everytime .

Yes , I was fiddling around with the electronic aids this afternoon after the clean , and great that you can turn of the Ktrac and power modes . This also turns off the abs , and you can run full power mode . Each time you stop the engine , you have to reset it to off again , otherwise it start back on 1 which is sport mode everytime .
The need to reset can be tuned out in the ECU, as can a lot of other options. With a pipe and tune expect over 210 to the wheel. They're very impressive bikes.

The need to reset can be tuned out in the ECU, as can a lot of other options. With a pipe and tune expect over 210 to the wheel. They're very impressive bikes.

Kawasaki is certainly winning the street dominance war, I'm sure they have something in the works in case Suzuki decides to upgrade the Hayabusa. I don't think Kawasaki will ever lose the war.

They seem to have perfected the supercharger on their bikes giving them unlimited abilities (IMO).

Congratulations Andrew . I'm sure you will give everyone the good / bad / ugly down the road .
If its going to be a more point , and shoot bike a center stand may make things nice for you .
Due to twin engine balancers it should be smoother at cruise missile speeds .
Watch using the solo cowl as they always scratch the tail section after riding . Not as well designed as the hayabusa cowl.

Back