I did the Cal Superbike School

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Well, my Keith Code school finally happened, and it was at Barber which is just a beautiful track. Tons of room, and great pavement.

By the second day, I was dragging both knees, and not getting freaked out about it. Strange how it worked out, but my best friend and I happened to be the fastest in the L1 and L2 class, and I improved my time over 30 seconds (best time was 1:55 - not quite ready for MotoGP yet...).

Overall a great experience. Highly recommended if you can do it!

beerchug.gif
super.gif
jump9.gif

Just for kicks, what did the whole thing run you?

MC: I did the two day class (Level I and II), and used their bike (Kawi 600), and as I recall, it was around $2400. That includes breakfast/lunch/snacks and water, and all the equipment (boots/leathers/helmets).

Even though I brought my own gear, I didn't get any sort of discount, so that kinda sucked, but it was handy for a most of the people in my class. There were only 4 of us in the L1/L2 class that brought our own gear, so we stuck out like sore thumbs.

Cool. I would love to do one of the big track schools at some point in the next few years.

My little brother lives in Birmingham. Any idea how often Keith Code holds his class there? I sure learned a lot from his books over the years...

-Chris

Charlesbusa:

I don't think there are any pics of me with my knee down, but I'll have to wait until the CD arrives in the mail.

As to the amount of track/classroom time, I would say it's similar to a NESBA track day. Generally it was 20-25 minutes on the track, then 20 minutes in a classroom, then the rest was down time.

It's an interesting transformation where you go from hauling a$$, and being nervous to really hauling a$$, and being "in the zone". Very Zen-like.

(Juggler @ Jun. 05 2007,10:04) Charlesbusa:

I don't think there are any pics of me with my knee down, but I'll have to wait until the CD arrives in the mail.

As to the amount of track/classroom time, I would say it's similar to a NESBA track day.  Generally it was 20-25 minutes on the track, then 20 minutes in a classroom, then the rest was down time.

It's an interesting transformation where you go from hauling a$$, and being nervous to really hauling a$$, and being "in the zone".  Very Zen-like.
Sweet, I hope to do one of the schools sometime
cool.gif

Oh by the way, there were generally 6-7 sessions a day, so it was a fair amount of track time.

Back