ROADTOAD's new ride

th
You got to get that peg thing happening bro , to give yourself half a chance at enjoying the ride . That BMW is a great bike to keep along side your Busa , I know how potent they are , well worth sorting out the ride position .
thinking about it... I'll see the chiro one more time and make a decision then.

The bike room is getting near capacity nowadays , with this MV Agusta F4 1000 just squeezing in . My H2 and Zed14 are already sizing up and sniffin its voluptuous Italian tail piece , with the quartet exhaust pipes . I am storing it for an old mate , till he can get his chit together and pick it up . Anyway a couple of pics .

20240223_110300.jpg

20240224_202313.jpg

Got the H2 out for a blast , well actually a bike meet , being held a few km from my joint . A few hundred bikes made it there , a lot of harleys and sportbikes etc. was really good to talk to a lot of different folk , both

20240224_190529.jpg

20240224_190602.jpg

20240224_190556.jpg

20240224_190616.jpg

20240224_190634.jpg

20240224_190541.jpg

young and not so young , all keen bike enthusiasts . My mate Johnnie the lad and myself had a great time and will go again next meet .

I remember the regular meet in Albert St Brisbane, yonks ago. Every Friday night bikes would just turn up from all quarters and we'd chat about bike stuff and the like. All night it went, plenty of chicks turned up looking for a ride. Hardly any girls rode back then. There were the girls that liked to ride and then the ones who hung out at a greasy spoon up near the top of Queens st talking to the cops and going for rides in their cars. There was always a price for those rides...

Got a delivery today , rare being a Sunday and from DHL .... Anyway , that was a set of Supersport 330mm Brembo rotors , the tried and tested full floaters , chosen for H2 . Also , I got a set of Kawasaki Competition Camshafts for H2 . but they had arrived a couple of weeks ago . I am still waiting on the new wheels , actually been a long time coming , (ordered last October) , but hoping they wont be too much longer now we are into March . I will be fitting up the Ohlins fgrt221 forks this week , and then I can get onto setting them up . I am booking the H2 in for the next tune update , expect to know this week exactly when .
20240303_192739.jpg

20240303_192410.jpg

Still haven't got onto the Ohlins fitment , because I went out riding on Batfink ( the H2 name and my Zed14R name is Karate ) . We had a good ride , even tho the lads kept hitting red lights on the way out of suburbia , and then they got stuck behind traffic , so I just decided to enjoy my ride mostly solo . The lads did say they found the H2 loud , but although I agree , those boys are all running full stock systems ... lmao .
I also heard from old mate concerning the MV Agusta being picked up , he is wanting to sample the 3 Special K's when he is down too ( about a month or so ) , so I have some nice roads in mind for some rides , when that happens .
The bikes riding today , Gixxer 750 , Rocket 3GT , Gen 3 Busa and H2 .

20240305_120056.jpg

20240305_115858.jpg

3 out of 4 headers are blue?
Yes , I was told this pipe colors up initially , then fades off , and that first header colored up faster from initial fitment (see post 562) . Also , that header pipe might have got the dynojet fan more so than the others . Pretty sure that blue on the other 3 headers will fade off too . I guess we will have to wait and see after more rides and next tune phaze .

Have you put a heat gun on them? With my six pipe headers on my Hondas I’d put the gun on them occasionally and it was an easy way to tell if one was lean or rich.
No temp check , except riding it , and feels like it is v strong . I dont think there is any issue with the tune , we are at only a few rides since that tune . I know about this pipe fading from other owners , and I have watched that header change from bright blue up high on header to this multi heat colored . I am waiting for a date to be confirmed for next tune .

Alright , I got hold of a pyrometer , checked it and all consistent temp of each other . Had to know just to be sure eh Wuzza , cheers bro .

Ha! I remember a guy watching his headers, all six of them, turn blue after installing aftermarket pipes that were single walled. Thought he was gonna have an apoplexy! The pyrometer did show his tune to be too lean though as they all were from the factory. Not as noticeable with double walled pipes. Synching six carbs is why they’re useful on CBXs. Nobody wants a cylinder frying due to being too lean. Thankfully once they’re synched and setup correctly they stay in synch.

Been pretty busy of late , because I got a bit sidetracked , found myself a great barn find deal , to add to the stable . A 2015 H2 Ninja , with 86km on it !! Been stored away in mint condition , albeit , it needs a bit of a clean and a quick de moth balling , but I am looking forward to it arriving this week . Actually ,got from my home town , really great people selling it , and inspected it Sunday , cash down all done Tuesday . Now getting it delivered so i can get onto fresh oil and fuel , injection clean etc. Ordered a couple of bits for it too . Here is a pic of inspection /sale .My computer is dying too , so using my phone 1st time on this one anyway .

20240317_144238.jpg

20240317_144228.jpg

Back