Risky if you removed both exhaust cans completely

umairhashmi

Registered
Ever since i put the bolt on yoshis on my bike i have wondered what would it sound like if i started the bike with both end cans removed.What would it sound like? Any damage possible by running it like that??? I mean removing the whole last parts of the exhaust.
pipe2-1.jpg

(umairhashmi @ Nov. 29 2006,21:13)
(BA BUSA @ Nov. 29 2006,21:11) You will not cause any damage...it will be LOUD  
all_coholic.gif
Hmm louder than a harley??? There are a few people i need to annoy hmmm  
jump9.gif
Close to a Harley...not as deep of a tone

think of a hot rod with uncorked headers then bring it down just a couple of decibels.
cool for revving in driveway, but way loud for riding.

i have a 4 into1 yosh. my head was ringing for like 5 minutes after riding uncorked for 15 minutes

but i guarantee - Loud pipes save lives
everyone knew where i was on the road, especially the LEO's

I've seen pics of several bikes on this site with the pipe cut at the front peg. If and when I go turbo I might try this for a few weeks prior to turbo install. Need one of those guys to post video with audio.

Ya need to know your going to lose power without any back pressure compensation and it will probably run real LEAN at some revs. Me, I wouldn't do it except to just hear how loud it can be and then put the cans back on. Your bike needs back pressure (which is designed into the cans with your PC) . Have fun, and run if you see your neighbors coming toward you looking like this  
mad.gif

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

super.gif

well your in FL. Otherwise I would say you should get ahold of thrasherfox. Get him to rev it a few times for ya. Or, its very simple. just remove your slip ons and rev it a couple of times. You will see.

Also, without a PC3 it will have some backfiring. With a PC3 it cleans up the poping and has a drag quality sound "to my ears"

I met a guy with a busa with only midpipes on, lets just say I had an mp3 with earbuds that blocked my Micron while riding. But I couldn't even hear my music when he rode next to me and hit it. It is way too loud for regular riding, it would be cool for the first couple rides but will definetly get annoying.

You'll be riding in the back of the pack on group rides becuase no on will want to be behind you lol.

Back