Popping Exhaust

LiBusa

Registered
I recently installed Yosh R-22 Bling mufflers, K & N air filter and Iriduim Spark plugs. After I did this I have a lot of popping and if I remove the Bling inserts an occsional flames may come out of the exhaust. This only happens when I'm decelerating. I'm thinking this may harm the engine, like exhaust valves or valve train? Any suggestions on how to eleminate popping and flames. Also, I've recently removed a Timing Retard Eliminator that was installed 2 years ago resulting in no change to the popping and flames. The bike runs great and I like the sound of the exhaust with out the inserts. If this will not damage anything I'm OK with it. But if damage would result would installing a power commander eliminate the popping and flames?

~lionel

You need to remove the PAIR valve or do the Marble Mod. Search on either one of those and you'll be set
winkold.gif

i also had backfiring issues and did the marble mod and all is well and good. id say go with the marble mod for now until you decide to do a full exhaust.

just search marble mod and u will find the how to... it is literally a 10 minute process!!!
beerchug.gif

I did the Marble Mod and it worked no back fire or flames. I thought here goes $600-700 for Power Commander, mapping and dyno tuning. No just a marble did the trick.

Thank You,
~lionel

I did the Marble Mod and it worked no back fire or flames. I thought here goes $600-700 for Power Commander, mapping and dyno tuning. No just a marble did the trick.

Thank You,
~lionel
after the marble mod you may still want to find a shop that has a TEKA tuning box and have ur bike tuned. the a/f mixture is gonna be off a bit so it is def something you are gonna want to look into. if ur anywhere near deals gap then stop by wheelers and he will do a dyno tune on ur bike for $90. he found me 7 extra horsepower and 6 more lbs of torque and that was with the TEKA tuner.
cool.gif

Back