rising from the ashes

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I'm currently in the process of buying Sigsauer's wrecked Busa (He is ok and will be replacing his bike soon).
Has anyone had all the plastics off your Busa and imagined how good looking it would look as a naked bike? I don't mean a rat bike where the owner couldn't afford to replace the plastics.....I mean a Busa that was taken down to the motor and frame and reassembled with an eye on rerouting lines, redoing some with stainless steel, handlebars and pro looking front light housing.
Anyways, this is coming true for me and, with the design assistance and moto-genius of Daniel aka GoldenBoy aka CloudNine Motorsports, will be embarking on this project!
The bike is an all black 05 LE so I'll continue the black theme (all black including frame, pegs etc.)and splash in some gold, maybe wheels in gold powdercoat? I know I'm getting ahead of myself....I just wanted to share my decision!
Of course, I'll document with pics along the way. The great thing about the plan is that my other Busa will satisfy my riding needs so I won't feel I have to "rush" this project to get back on the road! Doyle

Doyle it will be very interesting to follow the progress of this project, please keep us posted so that we can monitor the evolution of this naked beast.

While removing the mangled plastics, sub-frame, etc off my wrecked Busa I couldn't help from letting my mind contemplate a naked Busa project as well, when stripped down they take on a very raw aggressive look and feel to them.

The plastics hide a bunch of good looking parts...your right about re-routing or using different materials for hoses and covering some wires...it should be a fun project.

Another thing I forgot to mention is, what a great opportunity to shed really serious weight as well.
Also, I want to mount either four individual K&N filters...right on each injector or a low 4 into one filter, no ram air, just old school look with as much visible as possible. Key design objectives....visibility and simplicity, all in monochromatic presentation (black).

Basically making a sreet fighter busa.

Yeah it is, there's just something about the streetfighter label that I want to avoid. Kind of the burnout/stuntah thing.
I guess what I'm saying is I want to capture a good taste and professionally created image, something any good rider could see themselves "taking it for a spin".
That doesn't mean is won't be a totally earthshaking power monster!

It's like I've had all these ideas swirling around in my head about a naked Busa then when I talked about it to Daniel (CloudNine Motorsports) today, I learned that he has some of the same obsessions! (only he can make the more complex aspects into reality where I can't).

Oh man...I am jealous. I have been looking for a wrecked Busa to make into a street fighter and take to the drags. No luck yet but still looking.

Good luck to ya and keep us posted !:bowdown:

I often noted the Busa would look good as a Cafe style also.
Good luck, and looking forward to seeing the finish product.
Are you planning on using it on the track?
Bubba

I often noted the Busa would look good as a Cafe style also.
Good luck, and looking forward to seeing the finish product.
Are you planning on using it on the track?
Bubba

It's funny you ask that Bubba, I was just out in the garage looking at my complete set of wheels/rotors/slicks thinking, "wow, 450 pounds, hot slicks, maybe what I'm doing is building a mondo Super-Moto bike!" What a track bike but I can't imagine suddenly sitting up, sticking a leg out and setting up for a corner all at 160 mph! Doyle

streetfighters inc has some nice belly pans, new headlights, other stuff that will complement the naked busa.

be nice to see a "Naked Busa" done right instead of the ever prevalent "could not afford to fix it" look..

room for some nice stainless lines, billet parts hidden wiring etc?

streetfighters inc has some nice belly pans, new headlights, other stuff that will complement the naked busa.

Thank you so much for telling me about that site! You just saved me alot of research. And, OK, maybe I am building a Streetfighter! Raydog

I'm all excited too...It will be my pleasure to help you as always..Thanks for the oppurtunity...

Back