From the Ashes Pt. IV

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Some folks have asked that I do updates on my conversion of a 2005 Busa SE to naked streetfighter. (the bike I am buying from Sigsauer)

The "streetfighter" objective has morphed into a "naked cafe racer", the 1970-80s genre in which I converted many a Kawasaki KZ 1000/Suzuki GS 1100/Yamaha XS 1100! Naked cafe racers them all! Many hours spent at the Rock Store in the Malibu hills posing and riding the costal range twisties.... with everybody from Jay Leno to a rich eccentric riding a TZ 750 for street!
ANYWAYS, naked cafe racers played such a big part in my early motorcycle history....that it only seemed natural to build a modern one....and what better bike than an all BLACK BUSA! Besides the above explanation, I find out that Daniel from CLOUDNINE MOTORSPORTS was entertaining similar ideas to implement when he comes across a good candidate Busa for conversion.

I have to say at this time that never have I worked with such a knowledgeable and decent guy as Daniel. When I talk to him I get the impression that the motorcycle issues and the conversation have higher prioritiy than his profit on service and parts. Do business with him for all things Busa.

SO ANYWAY, today I further stripped down the bike in prep for the metamorphosis, drained liquids, etc. Tomorrow I look into replacing visible lines to a "high grade look" like stainless steel radiator hoses, etc.

Below are some pics and more updates later! Doyle

opps! pics

P1020973.JPG

P1020974.JPG

P1020975.JPG

P1020976.JPG

P1020977.JPG

Back