Riding with Tunes

Do you ride with tunes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, how is it more dangerous than listening to music in the car? Or rather, are you more likely to get in an accident while listening to music on your bike?

--Wag--

Ok folks. Yesterday I feeling a little better than usual and decided to try out my mp3 player. Riding with tunes was great, and I wish I would have done this sooner. The problem is, it could get me in trouble. I was having way too much fun. I wanted to post a poll, who rides with tunes, who does not.

Having tunes while riding enhances the whole riding experience especially on those sunday morning rides on the open roads. I think on the commute to work early in the morning like on the 91 would be a distraction.
Posted via Mobile Device

Having tunes while riding enhances the whole riding experience especially on those sunday morning rides on the open roads. I think on the commute to work early in the morning like on the 91 would be a distraction.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cant be any worse than the 10 between Riverside and San Bernadino. :laugh:

Got some new headphones yesterday. Over the ear, means they stay in place when I put my helmet on and the sound is great.

Got some new headphones yesterday. Over the ear, means they stay in place when I put my helmet on and the sound is great.

These are the ones I use, they are comfortable and they stay put when I put on my lid. They are made by SONY.

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

Yes Sir, very similar to what I purchased, Sony also! :thumbsup:

how much did you pay and are there just as good as the earbuds? i use the "buds" and they cancel noise very well ,but after a little time in the saddle, they start to hurt my ears.

Last edited:
how much did you pay and are there just as good as the earbuds? i use the "buds" and they cancel noise very well ,but after a little time in the saddle, they start to hurt my ears.

I got them for the low low price of 6.89 at Wal-Mart. :cheerleader:

Sometimes with, sometimes without. Actually, while riding with music I feel less connected to the machine. More like I'm a spectator. Then again, I have been known to be quite animated while riding to music....hmmmm....connection ????.....maybe. :oldcool: Get a set of Sennheiser, in ear, ear phones....no wind noise, awesome stereo quality. I believe Rubber2burn got me to buy a set. Now I need a set for the co-pilot.... :super:

Warning: Beware of the song "Animal" by Nickleback while riding the Hayabusa....... :oldcool: and don't set it on replay over and over or you'll find yourself in another state...and not the one you live in !!!! :super:
OMG! Animal almost got me in trouble the other morning... It came on... I got into the song and then look at the spedo... Ruh-roh!

I think riding while listening to your mp3 player would be like going to a bar and downing about seven drinks before getting on your bike.

Ok folks. Yesterday I feeling a little better than usual and decided to try out my mp3 player. Riding with tunes was great, and I wish I would have done this sooner. The problem is, it could get me in trouble. I was having way too much fun. I wanted to post a poll, who rides with tunes, who does not.

I like listening to the tunes but had a freak-out once. All was good listening to the tunes then there was dead silence for a bit and then I heard metal clanging noises. I thought oh crap my busa is gonna blow on me or something. I was starting to slow down and pull over when all of a sudden the rest of that Tool tune started playing. What a relief, and embarrassing moment.

I like listening to the tunes but had a freak-out once. All was good listening to the tunes then there was dead silence for a bit and then I heard metal clanging noises. I thought oh crap my busa is gonna blow on me or something. I was starting to slow down and pull over when all of a sudden the rest of that Tool tune started playing. What a relief, and embarrassing moment.

I could see that happening, note to self, no tool.

...Couldn't get picture to post in previous post...

4 speaker surround w/ 6 disc changer and MP3 player is a good way to go! ;)

6babfddd8a62bbc1c4b25d1a658559ae0_large.jpg

Back