tunes while riding

gsteve

Registered
Heres what id like... is there such a thing? A speaker in the helmet and a small , ipod style , wireless transmitter that i can mount on the dash. sj

I have the Chatterbox Tandem 50 intercom to talk with my passenger. I can plug pretty much anything that uses the standard "walkman" type headphone jack into it. I recently got the XM roady 2 satellite reciever and just installed it on the bike tonight.
Basically, I velcroed it to the forks top plate (just below the key and a little to the left). You have to run power from the bike (no batteries on the Roady). I set up my tankbag with a kit from Powerlet products. This is just a power lead from the battery to a connector mounted through the tankbag. This just has a regular cig lighter outlet to plug into. The very small antenna is mag mounted to the front of the tank (for now).
Sorry I don't have pics, my camera is getting repaired.

Oh yeah, this is going to recieve some negative replies. The distraction of listening to music while riding can be dangerous. I pretty much just use it on my commute (highway) to and from work.
Some people use the in ear plug style speakers. I think these may sound better, however, I think the helmet mounted speakers are more comfortable and will allow you to hear other sounds (traffic, your bike, etc.) better.

I would say a radio really isn't much different then those that put in earplugs when they ride, As long as you do not turn it up so loud that you can't even hear the bike, you should be fine.

Back