Anybody out there ride with Tunes?

guclu who makes that head set, i need ones like that.

I always keep my Ipod in the front pocket of my jacket and I can always just press the buttons right through my leathers. I got good at knowing just how to manipulate the ipod through leathers.
biggrin.gif

I used to use a MP3 player, mounted it up front on the stem stand or in my jacket pocket.  The problem I found was that even with 1gig cards in it, I would run out of tunes or want to listen to something else.  It did have a radio built into it but out in the boonies that didnt work great.  So I went to the XM radio route
cool.gif

Here's a pic of my install, full thread is in the electrical mod section.  Its great to be able to select pretty much anything to listen to while riding.... and I can always hook the mp3 back up in about 3seconds
cool.gif
I like tunes with my ride as well.  I recently purchased a mobiBlu and mounted it into the helmet with velcro - running the wires under the neck area collar on the helmet. I like it because it's completely wireless (ie nothing hanging outta the helmet) and there is little to no footprint.

If I were to go wired or FM broadcast, I would probably go XM as well.  I really like that XM setup you have there!  Where did you run the headphone wire?  Also...
that button turns on the HID low beam and the indiglo gauges. the dimmer/color changer is located just below it on top of the air tube
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

guclu who makes that head set, i need ones like that.  

I always keep my Ipod in the front pocket of my jacket and I can always just press the buttons right through my leathers.  I got good at knowing just how to manipulate the ipod through leathers.  
biggrin.gif
They are Bang & Olufsen's product , made for Ipod , you can buy direct from the link , http://store.apple.com/1-800-M....4LL%2FA , free shipping , $159 , I know looks too expensive but the best you can buy .

I have exactly the same in-ear headphones as you, I love 'em but tend to only use it in one ear only. The Etymotic Research (ER-4) micro Pro's. Best but will cost you half your kidneys. I paid $300 for mine. I use it with and iTunes Nano with the neck holster, a set playlist and pressing buttons thru my leathers. Love that XM setup though, have it in my car and have never listened to regular radio since..

Cool! Yeah, they're pricey. I paid almost that much, about $280, for my ER4P model (higher impedance for use with portable amps) but that big, audiophile sound is worth every penny to me. I also use my Ety's with an iPod Video (line out with a pocket amp using Apple Lossless format, not lossy MP3) and it truly rivals high-end home stereo. If I'm gonna listen to music, it's gotta be good.
wink.gif

Back