tunes on the  busa ?

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
i was just wondering if anybody rides with tunes on thier sportbike ? and how they do it ? yes i saw the celeb bike on ebay ! what a joke ! do any states have laws against it ? i havent yet but i just purchased an iriver 20 gb mp3 player has built in fm radio , with one earpiece it doesnt restrict my hearing too bad, a little uncomfortable with full helmet on? any tricks ? bought a splitter and extra headphones for ridin two up , holds 5000 songs so just push play and it goes / no playin with it . bad idea ?anybody doin it? all feedback will be apreciated . positive negative whatever was thinkin about now havin second thoughts so lookin for some input to help me decide ?

I have a chatter box and a mp3 player. Both me and the wife love it on the long rides it seems to make them shorter with group rides-slow and steady. We've gone all day with the box and mp3 player without having to recharge, I just need to get a holder so I can put it on my tank or somthing vs in my jacket.

Chatter box plays mp3 or fm in stereo!

Pat

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108431338 -->

I have an AutoComm which connects my cell and 20 gig iPod with my helmet speakers/mic. I picked up a Belkin battery pack for 20 some hours of music; more than enough for my long distance riding/camping.

The cell's on autoanswer so I can take calls. If I want to call someone, I'll pull over and start the call then move on again. The initial comment is that "riding comes first; if I say 'wait' then stop talking until I say 'ok'". It also means they understand that the call is third or fourth on the priority list.

Carl

chatterbox and autocomm are helmets or helmet acc ? what about price ? my cell is nextel would that work with the two way radio ? thanks for the quick response goin to google them now ! the auto awnser will kill the radio while cell is in use ? what about backround noise ?

I use an Ipod with Etymotic earplugs - the sound is killer, and the plugs kill the wind noise. I never use it in the city, only when out and away from the usual traffic.

I've used Chatterbox before, but not too impressed, mainly with the CB radio. Thinking about Autocom.....

As for a phone - the bike is my perfect excuse to not pay attention to the cell. "Sorry, I was out riding for a couple of hours..."
smile.gif
It sits in my saddlebags all day.....

I have an AutoComm which connects my cell and 20 gig iPod with my helmet speakers/mic. I picked up a Belkin battery pack for 20 some hours of music; more than enough for my long distance riding/camping.

The cell's on autoanswer so I can take calls. If I want to call someone, I'll pull over and start the call then move on again. The initial comment is that "riding comes first; if I say 'wait' then stop talking until I say 'ok'". It also means they understand that the call is third or fourth on the priority list.

Carl
Dm,
I am very interested in this. I have a chatter box that I am happy with, but am looking for a change. I think Icemann made a post about the autocom.....any chance you could post specifics and pics?

just visited www.autocomamerica.com awsome demo video looks like the basic system is just under 200$ with systems goin up to 420$ LOOKS LIKE THE RIGHT SYSTEM ! REALY INTERESTED ! JUST ONE MORE QUESTION CRUISIN DOWN THE ROAD TWO UP , MP3 PLAYIN HOW DO YOU COMMUNICATE BETWEEN RIDER AND PASSANGER , AND WHEN PHONE AUTO AWNSERS DOES IT CUT EVERYTHING ELSE OFF OR IS THERE A MANUAL CONTROL ? SORRY SO MANY ?S BUT FOR TWO HUNDRED BUCKS THIS SYSTEM LOOKS GREAT HAS HOOKUPS FOR EVERY THING TWO PHONES ,GPS, RADAR,MP3,BIKE TO BIKE , CB, DRIVER TO PAS , JUST INCREDIBLE ! SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE , NEAREST DEALER TO ME IS 50 MILES AWAY ,LISTED FOUR DEALERS MOST WERE BMW ,MUST BE HIGHEND?

I Generally dont like taking call, or listning to music when I'm riding. The exhaust note of the busa is music to my ears
biggrin.gif
From what I have checked on the internet and read... AutoCOM is a good option... You hook up pretty much anything under the sun to it
tounge.gif

Momo is making helmets with earphones built in into it... why dont you check it out
rock.gif

tried MP3 player for a while - made the experience too much like a video game. had to stop

I'm hooking up my XM radio for the busa.... also have a little mp3 player that makes the commute to work or drives in the country nice. One thing I'll say is make sure you can turn down the volume easy enough, nothing worse than not being able to hear your friends at the stop sign
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Just a heads up, check your state laws when it comes to having anything in or covering your ears. I know in the state of Florida you can not have speakers directly over your ears on in your ears. Just a little heads up..

Dave (Coach):D

RHYTM SAYS HE PUT AN ENTIRE SYSTEM w/SUBWOOFERS in his without the crappy look like the celeb bike has. Havnt seen any pics yet but I know he has talked about it for a long time.

A work around the "COP/EAR PHONE/COVERED EARS" problem. Take the ear pad from the helmet or work on it in the helmet like I did, but open the padding cover along the stiching and put the headphone INSIDE the pad of the helmet. Sew it shut or "velcro" close it. It's on the seam so it wont bother you.

Perfect. I have my earphones in the helmet all the time. Tucked the wires inside the space between the helmet pad and the shell itself. Left just the plug out a few inches. Bought an extension so if I want to use it it's there if not it's not a bother. Plugs into my chatterbox or adapter for straight to MP3.

JD

I got a system kinda like ICE, I found some small speakers that are meant to tuck into ear muff rap-around things(180's) for snowboarding at bobos Sporting goods and bought a few of them.  I tuck them in the cheek/ear pads and they work great with my IPOD.

<!--EDIT|Hackabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108495051 -->

Nooooooooooo way I'm distracting myself while I'm one with my Busa. Man and Machine performing their artistry in perfect organic/inorganic harmony is music enough for me. (What a crock!) Besides, the Busa is a musical instrument itself that we the riders play: it's a StradivariusStarSpeeder.

I use my Ipod with my Chatterbox. The speakers don't have very good bass response but what the hey? It's good enough for gov't work.

--Wag--

2nd gear, 6000 to 10,000 rpm.

Thats all the music I need!

Daym .....I can not wait to get my new bike and back on the road!

Back