Anybody out there ride with Tunes?

Time4Ride

Donating Member
Registered
On those long trips I cant live without some tunes. I recently picked up an air click for my 20 GB Ipod that I mounted on the bars. I can now control the on/off, tracks and the volume from the bars!

It's nice to be able to shut it off or turn it low when coming into traffic. Neat little device that even got rained on without any damage
idea.gif

Air_Click_sm.jpg

I love the tunes while riding. It makes for some wicked adrenaline when "Kid Rock" is laying down some lines and "My Baby" is cruising along at around 80mph on the open highway.

Time4Ride, can you please give some details as to how this thin-a-majingy works? That does looks like a sweet gadget
biggrin.gif

I used to use a MP3 player, mounted it up front on the stem stand or in my jacket pocket. The problem I found was that even with 1gig cards in it, I would run out of tunes or want to listen to something else. It did have a radio built into it but out in the boonies that didnt work great. So I went to the XM radio route
cool.gif

Here's a pic of my install, full thread is in the electrical mod section. Its great to be able to select pretty much anything to listen to while riding.... and I can always hook the mp3 back up in about 3seconds
cool.gif

post-46-77147-mountedxm.jpg

cool.gif

Busahaya- The picture only shows the remote. There is a 3/4" tall attachment that goes onto the top of the Ipod. The remote works from as far away as 15'. On the bike it works great. I put the Ipod into my inside jacket pocket and I'm set!

I bought it at the local Apple store for about $40.00 but I am sure you can find it online as well.

I ride with my ipod also. I put it in my tank bag and ride. I am curious about that airclick, I think I could dig that.

I ride with my ipod. I don't have a remote, I just use my "motorcycle" playlist!
tounge.gif

It is made by Griffin Technology. This is from their website

AirClick uses RF signals that travel through walls for control anywhere in your home or outside, up to 60 feet away. The five button remote allows for play/pause, next track, previous track, and volume up and down. A hold switch on the side prevents accidentally disturbing your musical nirvana. The remote has a clip on it for convenient attachment. iPod and iPod mini packages include a convenient remote holder with velcro straps to allow attachment as an armband or to a bicycle frame or steering wheel.

This is an awesome Idea!! Too bad Im considering selling my 60Gig Photo Ipod, really could use the $$$, but the Ipod is soooo nice

I use a Ipod Nano...2GB storage space...you use it just like a usb drive...i put it in the top of my tank bag, under the clear lid so i can see it and still operate it through the clear map case and it protects it from the elements as well in there...

I used to use a MP3 player, mounted it up front on the stem stand or in my jacket pocket.  The problem I found was that even with 1gig cards in it, I would run out of tunes or want to listen to something else.  It did have a radio built into it but out in the boonies that didnt work great.  So I went to the XM radio route
cool.gif

Here's a pic of my install, full thread is in the electrical mod section.  Its great to be able to select pretty much anything to listen to while riding.... and I can always hook the mp3 back up in about 3seconds
cool.gif

Great setup man.I used my ipod a lot but it has issues at times that drive me crazy.For some reason i was under the impression you had to use the personal mix-it amplifier that cyclegadgets.com sell if you didn't have an fm radio on the bike.Looks like you just need the roady 2 and earbuds plus the antenna and power cord correct??I looked at your post in the mods section great write up thanks.

cool.gif

I used to use a MP3 player, mounted it up front on the stem stand or in my jacket pocket. The problem I found was that even with 1gig cards in it, I would run out of tunes or want to listen to something else. It did have a radio built into it but out in the boonies that didnt work great. So I went to the XM radio route
cool.gif

Here's a pic of my install, full thread is in the electrical mod section. Its great to be able to select pretty much anything to listen to while riding.... and I can always hook the mp3 back up in about 3seconds
cool.gif
I like tunes with my ride as well. I recently purchased a mobiBlu and mounted it into the helmet with velcro - running the wires under the neck area collar on the helmet. I like it because it's completely wireless (ie nothing hanging outta the helmet) and there is little to no footprint.

If I were to go wired or FM broadcast, I would probably go XM as well. I really like that XM setup you have there! Where did you run the headphone wire? Also...

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136415212 -->

mountedxm2.jpg

cool.gif

I used to use a MP3 player, mounted it up front on the stem stand or in my jacket pocket.  The problem I found was that even with 1gig cards in it, I would run out of tunes or want to listen to something else.  It did have a radio built into it but out in the boonies that didnt work great.  So I went to the XM radio route
cool.gif

Here's a pic of my install, full thread is in the electrical mod section.  Its great to be able to select pretty much anything to listen to while riding.... and I can always hook the mp3 back up in about 3seconds
cool.gif

Nice set up
cool.gif

Where did you get that mounting bracket ?

cool.gif

cool.gif

thanks guys
cool.gif

Mounting bracket is 3M velcro on the Stemstand

Ran the headphone wire down back behind the driver seat, check the mod section for detailed pics.

And it works great, you can see the antenna in the pic if you look just above the gauges
cool.gif

cool.gif

Thats pretty slick, I might have to get one. Looks like the buttons are big enough to work with gloves on.

I usually take my IPOD with me while riding long ...

Which type headphones are you using ? Hard to arrange them while wearing a full face helmet .

tb634lla_125.jpg
Only this type headphones ok with my Arai Helmets !

yeah, i want to get an i-pod and run wireless to the helmet. thanks for the info guys.

Back