Riding with Tunes

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, so my dog ate my cell phone and I had to go buy a new one Sat. The new phone has an MP3 player, and I  got the earbuds to go along. Downloaded some Linkin Park, Nickelback, Daughtry and Creed.

Jumped on the scoot for my hour commute today, and dayuum - what a difference. I can't believe I've done all this riding without music. It probably makes my riding a tad more aggressive, but I'll just have to live with it. My wife is all worried that I won't be able to hear what's going on around me, but it seems just fine. Probably not any worse than wearing a set of ear plugs. (something I've never done, so just guessing)

What's good music for a high speed run?  
biggrin.gif

Metallica  
super.gif

Riot by Three Days Grace, Pain by Mudvayne, Happy by Mudvayne, Fall into sleep by Mudvayne

May sound crazy but some fast tempo bluegrass like foggy mountain breakdown blasting in your ears will flat out pump you up for some crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazy riding. Try it you might be surprised.

Or, Pink Floyd

"Out of control" by hoobastank. Every time it comes around on my mp3 player I have to use some serious restraint. (for the record restraint doesnt always win)

(dreamwalker @ Jun. 18 2007,08:58) "Out of control" by hoobastank. Every time it comes around on my mp3 player I have to use some serious restraint. (for the record restraint doesnt always win)
laugh.gif

There's always Metallica "Fuel" too. I actually have a mix on my Ipod that's called "supersonic soundtrack"

oh, Crystal Method "Born Too Slow" is another good one

firedevil.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="300" width="370" data="http://www.hypster.com/player.swf?id=6583&autoplay=true">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.hypster.com/player.swf?id=6583&autoplay=true" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#9a0000" />
</object>

on the 40 mile ride to work this morning it was:

Monster Magnet - Space Lord (Intergalactic 7 Remix) - 5:25

The Offspring - Defy You - 3:48

Megadeth - Almost Honest (Danny Saber Mix) - 4:01

The Crystal Method - Name of the Game (Instrumental) - 4:13

Saliva - Superstar II - 3:22

Mudvayne - Dig (Everything and Nothing Remix) - 4:57

and then I was pulling into the parking lot...

I usually listen to "instrumental" things and notice that my player has quite a lot of the Crystal Method and the like.

All the above mentioned are good.

For those old school riders: ZZ Top

The beat will make you look down and realize you are now close to "go directly to jail... do not pass go, and you sure as hell won't be collecting $200"

Guns & Roses, dude how about a warning next time I had my volume wide open, started heading banging and nearly took the flat screen out. Then jumped off my chair into the middle of the floor causing a seismic event.

Back