171 mile rip yesterday...first time with tunes. AWESOME!!!!!

The Big Red One

Registered
I took my first ever ride with music yesterday. Yep, 30 years and never took music along :laugh: I started the ride out with some open desert running, took her to top speed 3 times cause I could :thumbsup: Then on to the majority of the ride which was mountain twisties, some higher speed sweepers mixed in with alot of technical stuff. Usually my first aggressive ride of the season I'm a bit rusty at first, takes a little time to get in my groove. With my fav tunes playing in my helmet, it was like I'd never gotten off the bike......in fact that was the fastest and smoothest I've ever ridden that route, and I could have pushed MUCH harder.

The music just put me in the zone :beerchug:

Plus I'd forgotten how well a lightened busa handles, and how hard it accelerates ridden in anger with the rpm's kept in the zone. It takes a controlled throttle hand for sure anymore. My 04 only has a pipe, pc, filter, and 16/42 gearing, but it was trying to tear my rear conti in half :laugh: Its nothing like it was stock. I do have to say I love the conti road attacks, best handling tire I've ever had on my busa. And the rear is wearing VERY well for the abuse its gotten. Great tires :thumbsup:

BTW did I mention riding with music rocks? :music: :super:

i too recently learned of this "music" thing...hell, i didnt want to get off the bike before.....now what? lol

I wish I could ride with music, but I can't concentrate with it on.

Even just walking down the road with a ipod, and I can't concentrate.:laugh:

I always ride with music or internet radio over my phone to listen to the morning show. I think it only adds to the riding experience and plan to do it for the foreseeable future.

Same here! After 20+ Years of riding with no ear plugs I decided to try it. At first it took some getting used to, it was different. By the 3rd ride I enjoyed the ride much more! I can actually focus better with ear plugs in since it drowns away the high frequency of wind noise and engine noise.
I was never a person to walk around with a Sony Walkman in the 80's but hell I figured let me try it. Bought some memory foam ear plugs at my local Wally world plugged them into my Droid Razr turned on Pandora, set the volume to where it wasnt blaring and loud enough to hear the music. I cant stand to ride without ear protection / music while I ride to work, cruise on a long trip, or just ripping it up on some twisties.:thumbsup:

cool good for you...i cant imagine riding without tunes...i have playlists loaded for the type of ride so my tempo/attitude stays consistent...hip hop when im chillin or city street rides, jazz or oldies for a cool weekend morning ride, metal for the ...quicker paced rides

i hear the music in my head.....should i be concerned i dont have ear buds in?? lol

heres my helmet i havent used it with the music on yet i was going to try it when i take a long trip, u guys should try this helmet out if u like music while riding its a oneal bluetooth helmet..

oneal bluetooth helmet.jpg

I've ridden in SoFla for the last 20yrs off and on and would never consider music while riding.
But I did use it for the last couple hours on way to the bash and same thing on last few hours coming home.
On the way up I was using a nav app on iPhone that lets you hear music and then interrupts when time for a turn and prompts you to do so. Afterward music returns. Since I was navigating I figured a little Rush could help the last couple hours in pouring rain. On way home I was about 650 down with 150 or so miles to go Nd was drained so I fired up some Maiden Live After Death to get me thru. I'll admit on the hgwy it made the time go quicker but it also made me ride faster as my mph kept creeping. But here at home around all the grannies and their cars I need to be able to hear rolling tires, engines, horns and other clues as to my imminent demise :)

I absolutely hate going on long rides and all is quiet. I ride with ear buds or ear plugs on long or short rides. Music or talk radio makes the ride more pleasurable.

Same here! After 20+ Years of riding with no ear plugs I decided to try it. At first it took some getting used to, it was different. By the 3rd ride I enjoyed the ride much more! I can actually focus better with ear plugs in since it drowns away the high frequency of wind noise and engine noise.
I was never a person to walk around with a Sony Walkman in the 80's but hell I figured let me try it. Bought some memory foam ear plugs at my local Wally world plugged them into my Droid Razr turned on Pandora, set the volume to where it wasnt blaring and loud enough to hear the music. I cant stand to ride without ear protection / music while I ride to work, cruise on a long trip, or just ripping it up on some twisties.:thumbsup:
I was going to ask about good earphones.....since this was my first time with tunes I just used a pair of headphones off my MP3 player. They worked okay for sound but were very uncomfortable and it was a major pain getting the helmet on and off. So Lankee you got a pair of inner ear type plugs from wal-mart that worked well? And I'm all ears ( :laugh: ) if anybody else has any suggestions for good sounding/fitting earpieces.....SleeplessRed is also curious :laugh:

I've ridden in SoFla for the last 20yrs off and on and would never consider music while riding.
But I did use it for the last couple hours on way to the bash and same thing on last few hours coming home.
On the way up I was using a nav app on iPhone that lets you hear music and then interrupts when time for a turn and prompts you to do so. Afterward music returns. Since I was navigating I figured a little Rush could help the last couple hours in pouring rain. On way home I was about 650 down with 150 or so miles to go Nd was drained so I fired up some Maiden Live After Death to get me thru. I'll admit on the hgwy it made the time go quicker but it also made me ride faster as my mph kept creeping. But here at home around all the grannies and their cars I need to be able to hear rolling tires, engines, horns and other clues as to my imminent demise :)
I was concerned about that too....in fact in 30 years of riding I've only wore regular earplugs a couple of times, didn't feel comfy being isolated from stuff around me. But I live in the sticks now and never take the bike into town, so the only real danger for me would be not hearing the sirens behind me :laugh:
Luckily I'm always checking my sixes for just that scenario :beerchug:

I did it once and for safety reasons I had to stop. It sure is fun though.

Safety reasons? What kind of safety reasons could you possibly have in listening to music on your bike while riding?

I never leave home without my tunes when riding.

Back