Rider runs from cops in seattle

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
Check out this idiot... 21 and running from the cops... has prior citations too... hope he looses his license for a long time so he has to ride the bus and think about what he did!

CLICK ME

Outside of going home instead of flying near the airport to ditch that helicopter and then dipping into a tunnel only to turn around and head in the opposite direction I don't see anything wrong w/ what the video showed.
poke.gif

another squid...that bothers me...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145982322 -->

What a dumbass.....I bet riders who normally would have been overlooked by the cops got harassed for weeks after that happened.....would have been worse if he had gotten away.

And why the hell do people go home when they run? I have been a street cop for 9 years, and almost every time I chase someone, that's where they are pointed.....home. I can think of PLENTY of places in Seattle to hide from the ghetto bird, hell, there are entire stretches of freeway that are hidden from view......dumbass. I am in NO way condoning his behavior, his dumbassedness is just overwhelming.

The squids that get away from me usually do something like this: Ride somewhere you are extremely familiar with that ISN'T near your house, manage to outrun the cops, and hide. Hide the bike, get the hell off of it, stash your gear, and don't come out on the bike for the rest of the season.

I chased a Gixxer Thou' last year for a few blocks before I decided to shut down, and I had his description down to the threads on his jeans. I knew what kind of jacket he had on, which exhaust he was running, which undertail he had mounted, hell I knew what rear tire he was running, as I was sitting behind him at a light before I lit him up. If he had shown his face or the bike even once at a bike night or in the twisties, I would have had him. Well, I never got him...primarily because his ass and that Gixxer disappeared off the face of the earth for the rest of the season.

Some price to pay for running just once, but the district attorney looooooves to make examples out of people who run from the cops. A felony conviction is like the herpes you got from your babysitter....stays with you forever.

<!--EDIT|AntiTrust
Reason for Edit: "Rambling...."|1145983886 -->

The squids that get away from me usually do something like this: Ride somewhere you are extremely familiar with that ISN'T near your house, manage to outrun the cops, and hide. Hide the bike, get the hell off of it, stash your gear, and don't come out on the bike for the rest of the season.
hmm.. I thought that's what extra plastics/wheels and multiple jackets was for...
biggrin.gif

Not that I have done it in the past 10 years...but I know damn well there are some LEOs that thought they had a collar and wound up doing little more than giving a bunch of really dirty looks.
Hell, they prolly retired by now.

I can only wonder two things....

Why is it that the ones that get away never make the C.O.P.S. TV show...or the news?

Secondly, you could identify his tire / pipe / thread type of his jeans / and jacket .... but you didn't bother with the license plate?
Focus.

Eh I am sure there is more than one person here that has run....Either on their bike or in a car or on foot, yamaha banshee....we were/are all young (some old) and dumb. Just be glad he got caught and didnt end up wrapped around a pole...cause then they all want to scream...."Why not let them go on a high speed chase....Isnt that safer?"

I just posted a story about a State Trooper here in New York that was killed while chasing a biker. While I agree the Trooper should not have attempted to catch the bike in his big SUV, this type of thing turns public opinion against as all. Here in "conservative" upstate New York, some people have just been given another reason to "hate us bikers". I for one am now riding BELOW the posted limit!!!!!

His priors are a clear indicator why he ran.

Sorry to say, but I don't think this will be the end of his felony career.

Oh one other thing, trust me I know, you will not lose a helicopter by getting near an airport. Real life isn't like Gone in 60s.
wink.gif

Oh one other thing, trust me I know, you will not lose a helicopter by getting near an airport. Real life isn't like Gone in 60s.
wink.gif
How fast can a PD Helo go? Lets just say 130... and if you had an open road (unlimited miles...yah right), line of sight from a Helo is what??? maybe 10 miles....so to outrun a helo's line of sight at max Helo operating speed...you would have to be traveling how fast on your Busa for how long to out run the Helo
rock.gif

Not that I would ever do anything so darn silly, but maybe some real input might just discourage some idiots from running.

Rough math here but if the helo and the bike were at the same point in the road, the road was straight, and it's max speed is 130 (which I think is fairly low - but for the sake of the calc we'll use it).

130mph - helo - 10 mile LoS
170mph - bike - needs to get to 11 miles or more just to lose helo

40mph differencial @ 15 minutes gives you 10 miles put between the bike and the bird. So you'd have to drive for ~16.5 minutes at 170mph to get to 11 miles and out of sight of the dreaded ghetto bird.

In addition, at 170mph you would have travelled just over 45 miles at that speed in that amount of time. So you'd need a total of 45+ miles of straight-ish highway with virtually no traffic.

Now it's a matter of finding the perfect setting to (not) get caught in and 20 minutes to kill... you're all set! Add any turns before you outrun them and there is significant problems for the biker both in terms of speed they can flee and in the effect of triangulation on the part of the helo... that distance and duration increases dramatically.

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: "added a bit"|1145991288 -->

How do you know he had "priors" if he had no plate as you stated in your previous post?

Or are you now refering to the story in the "link" ?

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146024950 -->

40mph differencial @ 15 minutes gives you 10 miles put between the bike and the bird. So you'd have to drive for ~16.5 minutes at 170mph to get to 11 miles and out of sight of the dreaded ghetto bird.

In addition, at 170mph you would have travelled just over 45 miles at that speed in that amount of time. So you'd need a total of 45+ miles of straight-ish highway with virtually no traffic.

Now it's a matter of finding ..........
a gas station ....at those speeds... you are likely already out gas.

In addition, at 170mph you would have travelled just over 45 miles at that speed in that amount of time.  So you'd need a total of 45+ miles of straight-ish highway with virtually no traffic.

Now it's a matter of finding ..........
a gas station ....at those speeds... you are likely already out gas.
if you ride like ghostrider you could easily do it.
smile.gif

Maybe if he had one of those 205mph RC51's he might have been able to lose the copter.
laugh.gif

Seriously, it is unfortunate for all that losers like this continue to hurt the publics perception of motorcycles.

unfortunately I think as gas prices get higher, we'll see more of this type of shid. Around here I've already noticed an increase in squidly riders and a lot more bikes on the road. Probably looking at a long summer for bike related shinnanagans
rock.gif

Back