Rider down near Mount snow, VT

chowda633

Registered
This is nuts. Every weekend for the last month someone is going down or crashing. Went to VT this weekend for an awesome weekend getting away including horseback riding, bromely mounting alpine sliding etc. Epic weekend get away and what do we see on sat heading to the flea market down by mount snow. Another rider down. Older gentleman Un responsive, Broken deformed leg, had one of those skull cap/open face helmets on, bike was in a million pieces no other cars or anything from the looks of it. Plenty of fire and rescue but no one was doing anything not sure if he made it or not. Girlfriend had nightmares for the rest of the night and is having second thoughts about riding on the back now.

Do motorcycle accidents happen this often!?! Hopefully its not a sign for me. Makes me nervous when I go out now seeing this many crashes in a month.

Those brain buckets are worthless. Wear your gear and make sure she wears hers. You may not be able to avoid a crash but if you are dressed for it it might not be as bad as it could be.

There are wayyy more bikes on the roads than there used to be... one of the reasons we are hearing of so many more now.

1000's more bike on the roads now plus hundreds of 1000's more drivers in general so the numbers are only going to keep going up...just be as safe as u can....your wife may need a valum or something to ride for a bit until the uneasiness goes away...

Heard about a rider coming out of KAFB on a Harley and had one of those half helmets... At 35mph a dork in a car pulled out in front of him... He went over the hood and was okay but his injury? A cut across the back of his neck from the stupid half helmet. He had to have sticthes and now wears a full face helmet...

Back