Ride Rain or Shine?

I don't go ridin' if it's rainin'. In fact the rain has me cornered up right now.
mad.gif
I had a ride planned for today but I'm not leavin' out with it rainin'. I do want to ride in the rain eventually just to see how it is, but I want some sort of rain gear to do it in.

Come'on Train be a rebel go for a ride in the rain without rain gear. You really don't get that sopping wet since you are riding between rain cells. If you wear jeans well they may get wet but it is a good feeling. When I wear my leather jeans or matching leather suit pants I really don't feel it at all. Now if you happen to get caught in one of those southeastern torrential downpours you might get a little wet. I have definitely broken past the rainy day stuck at home feeling and just hop on and ride in the rain.

Well I did my Sunday loop today in the rain... What a blast!  
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

wow.gif

cool.gif

120 miles of wet twisty pavement..whoo hooo!!!
Didn't even bother with the rainsuit... left it in the tank bag.
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1019"|1090169775 -->

I've been caught in the rain 4 or 5 times in a single week!
laugh.gif

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of traction. I can be doing 80 on the highway, twist the throttle in 6th and get the wheel to spin. I had the rear fish-tail on me when I was getting onto the highway. I've been in heavy rain about 20-30 times this year alone.

Needless to say, I am looking very much forward to when I can afford a car. I have scaled things back waaaaay too far trying to save money while I had no income. It's been pretty stupid of me, because I've been gambling that I would not have any accidents. I have been lucky so far, except for a minor drop at an intersection.

Caught it hard 2 days straight, soaked through to the undies bro. No rain for me if I can help it, just because a cage mistake is more costly as any sudden acceleration or deceleration means disaster.

If it's raining I wont ride but if it looks like it's going to rain and I want to ride I say fug it catch me if you can.
biggrin.gif

It rarely rains here and when it does I drive my truck, so it will get washed.

Back